drip irrigation clogging

charlierubin(6)June 4, 2009

I have two drip irrigation systems, using 2 AGRIFIM ISO-FLOW drip emitters (4/5 L/hr) per tree. I have a 20 psi pressure reducer and filter at the system source. Both irrigation lines worked fine until I expanded each line. Both have similar issues.

When I expanded from 800' to 1600' of 1/2' line and added about ISO-FLOW 20 drip emitters, the new spliced section does not work. The new drip emitters are slightly different than previous emitters. Instead of the black color Arifilm 5L/hr emitters, the irrigation supply store now carries Brown/black color Arifilm 4L/hr emitters. If I take the emitters off of the 1/4" tubbing, water flows freely from the tube. Any suggestions? Perhaps taking the pressure reducer off might help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

Hi Charlie,

What is your water source's flow(gpm) and pressure(psi)? How many emitters do you have per line? Are the two drip lines connected? How many valves are you using? You have the right idea. You don't have enough pressure to move the available water to all the emitters. It could be a combination of several things. After you answer my questions, I can suggest a few test and then you can make a new plan for your system and see where you are. At least you will be making decisions with a little more knowledge. Aloha

Bookmark   June 4, 2009 at 8:17PM
charlierubin(6)

Hi Lehua

I solved the problem. On each line, I have about 60 1GPH emitters. Each line is separate. It turns out that its a pressure issue. I am using my irrigation water, using the natural hydraulic water head. After I expanded the line, the water pressure was too low. I split the line and it worked fine. I also removed the 25 PSI reducers. Cheers, Charlie

Bookmark   June 8, 2009 at 1:04PM
lehua49

Hi Charlie,

Great News. Happy Growing. Aloha.

Bookmark   June 8, 2009 at 10:12PM
More Discussions
Irritrol RD900 Solenoid Chatter
Hi, I am trying to diagnose a problem with my sprinkler...
fullerlee
Garden not close to water source. Ideas?
My garden is about 400-500 feet from the closest water...
zrodimel
Fertigation help
ok well not new to gardening or growing things as i...
bigpuddin43
First experience with irrigation system
Our builder installed, as a part of the "package",...
vlk20
Correct irrigation design for perennial/shrub border
I've finally bitten the bullet and had a swimming pool...
skoprow
Sponsored Products
Oil Mister
$10.99 | zulily
Ruvati RVM4600 Undermount Stainlesss Steel 34 Kitchen Sink Double Bowl
$249.00 | Blue Bath
Fagor Commercial AD-48W Temperature Undercounter Dishwasher
Overstock.com
WasteMaster WM75P 3/4 HP Platinum Series Food Waste Disposer Garbage Disposal
Overstock.com
BAAM! High Pressure Drain Blaster Cleaner
Overstock.com
White Toilet Bowl Brush & Plunger
$14.99 | zulily
Quick-Blend Whisk
$7.99 | zulily
KitchenAid RRKHM7OB Onyx Black 7-speed Digital Hand Mixer (Refurbished)
Overstock.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™