Weird dripline problem

Kim LadinJune 30, 2013

I've just installed a pretty extensive drip system in my backyard vegetable/fruit garden. I'm running 1/2" poly mainline around the garden, with Agrifim Dura-Flo Jr. 1/4" dripline through the beds. The emitter spacing is 6".

I tested it this morning, and it's mostly working, EXCEPT there are about 4 inline emitters, in completely separate and random parts of the garden, that are emitting a big spray instead of a gentle drip. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to this -- i.e. it's not the emitters closest to the mainline, or closest to the beginning of the system. This is happening to 4 out of probably 250 total emitters.

I don't have a pressure regulator on the valve which controls this system, since it's a pretty big run. Could the 4 emitters be misbehaving because the pressure is too high? (I don't see any other signs of too much pressure in the system.)

I'm also noticing some inconsistency in how much each dripline is emitting overall.

Any insights into what might be going on here?

Thanks!

-Kim
Campbell, CA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

riot,

Yes. Just a matter of time before more give you problems. You should find out two things. What your system's operating pressure is (hose bib pressure gauge) and second find out what the drip lines safe operating pressure range(google). Match the two with an in-line pressure regulator. GL Aloha

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 11:14AM
More Discussions
Irrigating with portable barrels
I'm wanting to irrigate my garden with a series of...
jon2412
Sprinkler to Soaker Hose/Drip System
My project to convert an existing sprinkler zone to...
mixdplate
drip irrigation design
I ran 2 pipes around my property for drip irrigation....
jimmy21
Discrepancy in Drip Line Water Flow
Over the weekend I installed some drip line in my garden....
raymondo17
Yet another request for help identifying irrigation valves
Anyone able to help me identify this valve? The house...
bbaztempe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™