pressure washer

hogan_njNovember 22, 2010

This is my first pressure washer and would like to know how to winterize it. There's nothing in the manual about winter storage.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

Well, gas or elect.? if elect. just make sure the water is drained and store it in a dry place inside would be nice where temp. changes don't create moisture.

gas IMO you want to drain the gas tank most likely it got some water in it from acidently spray, I also swab out any residue. I make sure the pump is drained by tipping it all directions. I also spary some WD40 down the connections hoses and on the rubber o-rings and seals. I also make sure the hoses and nozzle gun is drained of water and spray some wd 40 inside to help condition the seals. But, thats me and I always go overboard!?! others may disagree.

Bookmark   November 24, 2010 at 9:12AM
doopstr

The only thing I do with mine is make sure that the gas tank is empty and I store it in my basement because I don't want the pump to freeze.

After every use I make sure to get as much water out of the pump as possible. I also completely drain the hose and wand.

I've only had mine about 4 years so I have no idea if what I am doing is a good long term plan :p

Bookmark   November 24, 2010 at 9:59AM
tyguyc

just make sure that all the water is out or look forward to replacing a cracked housing at the very least in the spring.

Bookmark   November 24, 2010 at 10:33AM
More Discussions
troy bilt horse question
Went to check the transmission fluid today and noticed...
snuffyinatl
Snowblowers and engine choices - Ariens vs Toro vs Simplicity and
I live on the shoreline in CT, where we get anywhere...
bfguilford
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
Poulan Pro rear tine tiller, burnt valve??
I have a 6.5 Intec Briggs on my tiller, which is 10...
slowpoke_gardener
No more roll pins
Finally got the roll pins out of the wheels on my Horse...
snuffyinatl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™