Outdoor Planter Irrigation?

kkranzoJuly 10, 2011

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this...

I have two outdoor planters in the front of my house. We have just moved in and I am going to plant some flowers in the planters. However, I am trying to figure out what this pipe is (see photos below) that is in one of the beds.



Is it for some kind of watering? I can't find anywhere where it would turn on. Does anyone know what this is for?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo


If it was made from PVC pipe I would say it is a bubbler and would be controlled from your controller but it is made out of what looks like a threaded black iron pipe which makes me think it might be a gas line but for what? Some kind of torch or maybe under some kind of BBQ set up. But why so low and close to the house. Could be a vent from your stove. Best Bet, have a plumber check out where it goes up inside the wall and goes into your attic space. Go into the attic and see if you can see a iron line coming from that wall edge across your attic to another wall that may have a valve somewhere. Hope someone can recognize it specifically because I am getting brain damage from guessing. JMHO Aloha

    Bookmark   July 10, 2011 at 9:06PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Rain Bird SMRT-Y Moisture Sensor
I'm looking to connect a Rain Bird SMRT-Y Moisture...
Help with tricky (at least for me) water access
Hi, I have an issue that I'll be having to deal with...
Fertigation help
ok well not new to gardening or growing things as i...
Drip Line Brand Recommendation
It's time to replace my decade-old drip lines. What...
Avocado tree, brown on tip of leaves
The leaves on my avocado tree are turning brown. They...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™