Best tree for Utah
Here's what we are looking for in a tree:
1) Grows quickly (We are only planning on living here 5-7 years.)
2) Minimal amounts of shoots growing up through our grass.
4) Flowers (or something else that would make it eye-catching.)
5) No pods. (I hate having to pick up the pods individually.)
6) No evergreens.
7) We have a lot of wind.
8) High alkaline clay soil.
9) gets leaves earlier in the year, rather than later. (We have a couple of catalpas in our backyard that don't get leaves until about June.)
What would you suggest?