Good Heavy White Oak Is Puzzling Me!!
Good Heavy White Oak Is Puzzling Me!! I feel it must be the 36" + dia of the wood that is making it hard to tell if it is seasoned. I have no idea when it was actually cut which I feel is part of the puzzle.
Reasons I thought it was seasoned:
1. Good .25" - .375" seasoning cracks that allows me to split the logs.
2. Very deteriorated bark on the logs.
3. No signs or sounds of moisture while burning the wood.
Reasons I questioned it being seasoned:
1. Weight of the wood. Naturally, smaller limbs will burn alone.
2. split wood w/n burn alone vs with what I know is seasoned wood.
Thanks For Clues! loger