new drip irrigation setup

ehunt123(5a)July 19, 2014

Hi,

I am going to be having a contractor come in and install an irrigation system for my lawn area. As part of the install, I'm having the contractor give me a separate zone (80psi/11gpm on the system) per garden bed. Each 'bed' or 'area' is a little different but my question is: from the 1" polypipe, the contractor said he can give me a 1/2" or 3/4" FPT to each area. I have a good idea of what I need to do, thanks to http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/, but I'm wondering what's the best way or method to connect up one of the kits that the many drip irrigation shops out there offer? I have no problem doing all of this myself, but I am wondering if there is a site or information on what components/order to do everything? Right now, it looks like I can install a riser off the FPT, connect up the ballvalve, install the filter then reducer, and finally run my 1/2" mainline to 1/4" individual drip nozzles.

I only ask because I see a lot of conflicting information here and am wondering what is the 'better' way to go about this. Should I be grabbing some type of mini-plasticbox to mount this assembly in before going out to the dripline?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

e,

Your description of what you want to do sound good to me. By reducer (there is a fitting called a reducer or adapter) are you talking about pressure reducer. You will need one. You can do it before all the beds so you need just one or you can do it for each beds. 80 psi is very high for drip so you may have to step it down with more than one pressure reducer. Aloha

Bookmark   July 20, 2014 at 4:36PM
More Discussions
Problem valve
Hi, I have got a problem with my newly installed irrigation...
cozbell93
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
Making changes of existing irrigation system
Hi folks, am hoping you can help me with these questions. I...
lauriec
Help/Ideas for 12v watering system
I have an old well the is 4 foot around. It is 10ft...
leggatron
Rain barrel with gutters that drain to sewer - can't alter gutters
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has advice for how to...
astralsled
Sponsored Products
Green Matters 2-Light Flush-Mount Polished Brass Mushroom Light Fixture HD-401
$38.47 | Home Depot
National Public Seating 48 Inch Wide 3-Level Stage Pie w/ Carpeted Surface
Beyond Stores
Parker House Huntington Space Saver Bookcase Library Wall With 2-Piece Library D
Hayneedle
Malibu Outdoor Lighting. LED Solar Mini Round Outdoor Copper Stake Light
$3.97 | Home Depot
Sterling Ensemble 71100110 60W x 72H in. Bathtub Shower Combo - 71100110-0
$925.30 | Hayneedle
Flash Furniture Hercules Imagination Series Three Seater Bench - ZB-IMAG-OTTO-3-
Beyond Stores
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™