Searching for technique...

MajikwizAugust 14, 2014

I have a challenge that, once again I am seeking the answer to. I am searching for timers to operate solenoid valves. That schedule I need to accomplish is a minute (1) of watering (on time) and 4 hours off time. (and also 6 hours off time). I will be using a single solenoid valve controlling two or three misters. If you can point me in the right direction that would be great. So a timer that 'goes off' for 1 minute each 6 or 4 hours.

Thank you in advance,

Sincerely Majikwiz

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homr

Irritrol Total Control controller. Has 16 start times per program and it is a easy controller to operate. Check it out on line.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 9:16PM
lehua49

Maji,

Homr advice is good. Need a controller with at least two programs(usually A ans B): A program usually has 3 start times and B can be set for one to 3 start times. Most controllers have two programs. Just make sure the times of each program is spaced apart appropriately.JMHO Aloha

Bookmark   August 17, 2014 at 6:31PM
twolips(z6AZ)

You want a propagation timer. Just go to "Google" and Google propagation timer.

Bookmark   August 19, 2014 at 11:04AM
irrigirl

The Total Control has 16 start times, but only 4 programs. The MC-E Blue has 8 programs. But there are also limitations based on the program you are wanting to run, so you may need a smarter controller.

So we would need your full schedule. Start times, days, etc.

Example schedule:

" I want zones 1,3,4, and 6 to run 30 min each at 6am, 12pm, 5pm, and 10pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I then want zones 2 and 5 to run for 1 hour each on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, once in the morning at 7am and again at 9pm."

Bookmark   August 20, 2014 at 1:47PM
More Discussions
Irrigation Outage
Had a power outage at my home. I reset the GFI switch...
mchidiac
Irrigating with portable barrels
I'm wanting to irrigate my garden with a series of...
jon2412
My sprinkler system station stopped working
Hello! I have a problem with my sprinkler system. One...
holia123
Drip Irrigation Help
Hi, I'm looking to install a drip irrigation system...
Dan
Problem valve
Hi, I have got a problem with my newly installed irrigation...
cozbell93
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™