Adding individual plant irrigation

jmcnyc(6)August 25, 2013

I have a long section of hydrangeas along the driveway. I have an in ground sprinkler system that waters them. Some of the plants are getting no water as the heads are under the plants. Rather than redoing the sprinkler system and adding more heads I am looking for other options. Does a system exist where I can Replace the existing heads with individual hoses that go directly to the individual plants. This way I can have the 5 heads watering the 20 plants directly versus spraying just a few. Sort of like a drip irrigation but larger.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

jm,

Yes you can but the timing would be off unless you have a separate zone for the Hydrangea irrigation. aloha

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 6:55PM
jmcnyc(6)

This is in a separate zone. So it should be good. I checked the websites for sprinkler systems and don't see accessories that attach to sprinkler systems. Any sources?

Bookmark   August 25, 2013 at 8:16PM
lazy_gardens

Look in Home Depot's drip system section. There are "octopus" converter heads ... unscrew sprinkler, screw on converter, add the distribution tubing and the emitter heads.

For more even watering, using several runs of emitter tubing to wet the ground evenly under the bushes would work.

Bookmark   August 26, 2013 at 2:50AM
MySprinklerGuy

You can cap all of the heads and add a drip system with products bought at home depot.

You can move the heads with a little effort using funny pipe.

How many heads are hiding under the plants?

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 7:57AM
jmcnyc(6)

Thanks for the advice. I have about 5 sprinkler heads and about 12 plants. 4 of them are not getting any water as when the plants get leaves they are blocking the path.

Bookmark   August 31, 2013 at 8:32AM
More Discussions
Correct irrigation design for perennial/shrub border
I've finally bitten the bullet and had a swimming pool...
skoprow
Problem valve
Hi, I have got a problem with my newly installed irrigation...
cozbell93
Reusing old well for water needs
I'm building a house and need some advice on how to...
mshepherd2
Best well pump for drip hose irrigation
I am trying to find some information on selecting a...
srbasile
Making changes of existing irrigation system
Hi folks, am hoping you can help me with these questions. I...
lauriec
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™