Chainsaw compression tester

nysffDecember 11, 2010

I'm looking to pick up a compression tester to use with chain saws and hopefully other small engines. The one available at Baileys indicates that the check valve is at the end of the hose. I assuming other compression testers have a check valve(Shrader) either at the end of the hose or at the inlet to the gauge. Anywhere other than at the end of the hose will add to the volume of the cylinder and will take more pulls to get full pressure, but I don't think it matters where the check valve is, as long as there is one. Just checking to see if they all have one since I don't see them mentioned on some other testers such an Actron CP7826 which seems widely available at a lower price than the Baileys tester.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

The Old Rule Of Thumb! You s/n be able to hold the compression in with your finger while cranking. Personally, I find this different 30 years later with my finger and gauges due to low compression start engines (which my arms enjoy). Some little or almost no compression engines (blowers/trimmers)will start and run with good power.

Bookmark   December 11, 2010 at 11:49PM
More Discussions
MTD 8HP SnowBlower
I have an MTD 8hp SnowBlower Mod # 317E640F352. The...
Jeffery Smith
Have Chipper/Shredder for trade
I have a very nice gas powered wood chipper/leaf shredder...
charlieboring
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering sewer line?
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering...
loger_gw
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™