A Small Engine's Recoil Tool could be worth the money

loger_gwDecember 25, 2011

A Small Engine's Recoil Tool could be worth the money At the address below) or build your specific with PVC. They can take some frustration out of your jobs. I recently used just a short piece 1" OD PVC and my spring's retainer/cover to accomplish the same job at no cost except slightly tired hands. There is no end to tricks of the trade to help with little jobs. As using nylon rope to lock your chainsaw's piston to change a clutch but remove the starter to replace the clutch (2nd address below). loger

http://durafix.com/ez-coil/index.html

HOW TO Remove Clutch & Sprocket on Poulan 2150 Chainsaw ...

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7mR1ReJOyCIAnshXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGNzcmNwdmlkA2gzNG9RMG9HN3Y2dVpZbVBUdHVhZ2dsS1JGNE1qRTdpUnFZQUJhbEwEZnIDYXR0LXBvcnRhbC1zBGZyMgNzZy1nYWMEaXQDZ3AEbl9ncHMDMTAEb3JpZ2luA3NycARwb3MDMgRwcXN0cgNwb3VsYW4gY2hhaW5zYXcgY2x1dGNoBHF1ZXJ5A3BvdWxhbiBjaGFpbnNhdyBjbHV0Y2gEc2FjAzEEc2FvAzEEc2VjA3JlbC1zYQRzbGsDdGV4dAR2dGVzdGlkA01BUDAwNQ--?p=poulan%20chainsaw%20clutch%20removal&fr2=sg-gac&fr=att-portal-s&pqstr=poulan%20chainsaw%20clutch

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tomplum

Looks like a neat recoil tool. Different from what I've ever seen. I can see if you did much handheld type work especially.

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 1:29PM
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

I avoid that spring work like the plague. It's a real SOB. The tool has caught my interest though.

Bookmark   December 27, 2011 at 6:59PM
loger_gw

I Know The Frustration! I took a 2 mi walk to figure this one out and to recall the tool after trying about 30 minutes with just my hands. Bingo! With the 1" OD PVC as I/S Dia and the coil's cover as O/D Dia , I had it retained in about 5 minutes. Without the cover/retainer, I would have made another PVC OD cover to assist in the recoiling.

I initially learned this when the Son-In-Law needed to replace a rope on his Poulan chainsaw with the coil still in place until I saw him the next time. It probably took my wife's and my hands 30 minutes + to recoil the spring. I knew then it had to be a better way and searched to find this jig. loger

Bookmark   December 27, 2011 at 8:25PM
More Discussions
Who Makes This 'New' Craftsman 50cc Chain Saw?
Doing a little research on possible replacement saws......
pgtr
General craftsman tiller gearbox question.
Ages ago in the early 90's, I bought a Craftsman 5hp...
bliackbeard
Mantis Tiller purge bulb
I cannot get gasoline to come into the purge bulb....
Alice40
Waterproofing a basement
I get water in my basement just about every spring...
huskymaniacny
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering sewer line?
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering...
loger_gw
Sponsored Products
Otto Wall Sconce by SONNEMAN Lighting
$210.00 | Lumens
Small Size Tiffany Style Fruit Table Lamp with Stained Glass Shade
ParrotUncle
Cactus Floor Lamp by Slamp
$1,019.20 | Lumens
Furniture of America Freya 2 Drawer Nightstand - Walnut - YNJ-309-4
$161.96 | Hayneedle
Orange Polka Dot Stamped Wooden Dessert Spoon - Set of 24
$7.99 | zulily