Zone not working - out of ideas

kool_diyOctober 4, 2012

Hi,

I have a zone that stopped working a few days ago. I have a standard anti-siphon valve set up with a disc filter and a pressure regulator after the valve (this is for the drip irrigation zone).

The testing that I have done so far are:

Tried turning the solenoid manually - does not work.

Tried turning the bleeder - does not work.

Taken off the valve completely - water comes through, so it is not a supply issue.

Taken off the top of the anti-siphon piece and turned the solenoid - water comes through the anti-siphon.

Taken off the disc filter cover and turned the solenoid - water comes through the filter opening.

Taken out the disc filter and reclosed the filter cover (to eliminate an issue with the filter) - sprinklers do not turn on.

The next step that I am about to do is to take off the pressure regulator to see if it is a problem with that, but in order to do that, I need to cut the pipe. Wanted to see if others have had this issue. Also, if it were a problem with the pressure regulator, would it not send water back put through the anti-siphon?

Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lehua49

K,

Replace the PR and use a repair coupling so that it is replaceable again without too much trouble. You covered just about everything. I would replace the auto valve also at the same time. Shouldn't cost that much. Did you have a break or crack in the zones piping? JMHO Aloha

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 11:38PM
kool_diy

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure if there is a crack in the piping. The question I could not answer was - if it was the PR, wouldn't water back out of the anti-siphon outlet?

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 1:28AM
mike1059(8)

when you turn the water supply off is there any water discharge out of the anti-siphon. If there is the blockage is further down the distribution line, if not then the PR is clogged. To answer your question, water will only discharge thru the outlet when the inlet pressure is released.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 11:34AM
More Discussions
Irrigation upgrade - who to call?
My property has an old irrigation system. It works...
cakbu z9 CA
Fixing Scary Sprinklers to Auto.
My parents once hooked up auto-matic sprinklers, then...
Matthew Spencer
Irritrol RD900 Solenoid Chatter
Hi, I am trying to diagnose a problem with my sprinkler...
fullerlee
Any Hunter Pro-C controller experts out there?
I have the hunter pro-c controller, it has been working...
jhschlak
Need Suggestion about Iriigation System Pots
Have you heard of the eco grow pots or the irrigation...
Peter Jones
Sponsored Products
2" Aluminum Wall Tile with Passion Flower Design
Signature Hardware
Newport Mini Bar Double Door Cabinet
FRONTGATE
Barcelona Bench-Ivory - 100% Italian Leather
IFN Modern
Four Rectangular Table
Lightology
5-Piece Square Wall Mounted Bathroom Accessory Set in Chrome
TheBathOutlet