Husky 55 Chainsaw

c3pilotDecember 15, 2011

I have 2 Husky saws that I'm rebuilding. Both saws were in pieces and given to me in a box.The first one is a Husky 55 967 05 29-00 s/n 04 510 3077.I rebuilt this saw with the best parts in the box not intending to rebuild the second. Well....I was so pleased with the rebuild of the first saw that I might go ahead with the second saw Husky 55 1997 7322938.

Which brings me to my question, the left over flywheel (part# 503 79 00-01, and I'm not sure which saw this was on origonally) only has one starter pawl/rivet/spring. Is there any chance this flywheel setup only used one pawl? The other flywheel used on the first saw has 2. There is a hole for a 2nd rivet on the second flywheel, just hopeing that I might not need to track down more parts.

If anyone can decode the saw numbers I would really like to know any info about them. The first saw got a new top end (cylinder/piston/ring), I went with the cheaper Chinese parts and it seems to be running really well. Time will tell though.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

I would think two pawls for balancing. The best diagrams I could quickly find appears to have two mounts but one pawl showing. Hello Husky 55 owners or knowledgeable of the 55. Would two be correct? loger

Bookmark   January 17, 2012 at 2:48PM
More Discussions
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
Predator 212cc Engine, Harbor Freight FYI
Hi Folks, Been thinking of getting one of these for...
exmar
Any Good Electric Brushcutter?
I have a small area, my lot is just 1/2ac and less...
InFlux
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™