Heating

loger_gwDecember 30, 2012

I had planned to fire my small Dearborn gas wall heater (once an electric space heater) in my garage and keep repairing experimenting this winter. Unless there is an emergency, I feel I need to pass with today's fuel and energy crises vs in the 70s/80s.

I would feel OK if I could transport and use safely coals from my fireplace in the garage. Without a direct heater to exhaust the coals it's not safe in a closed garage. I have also limited my work inside "since my wife retired 06" vs building or troubleshooting combustion engines, "Just In Time". "I'm Done", for a while with Combustion Engines vs "Not Fun Troublrshooting Computers", LOL!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
loger_gw

We are having some extended cold days in North Tx or I'm getting to cold to remember. I'll have to come out tomorrow for sanity. Run the gas heater to burn the initial chill off as work will take over then. Or! Work inside since I will be servicing an Aggressive Electric Chainsaw experiment.

Two objectives: 1. I had a good test yesterday cutting green wood with the 12" McCullough saw and did not use a drop of bar oil from the tank. I feel it has to be a cleaning matter vs the saw using a pump. I'll consider adding a vented primer bulb to the oil tank cap to manually pump oil. 2. I need to rem one link at least, two if possible to allow adding chain tension vs about 1/8" of travel left. Both chains have the same number of links (vs brands). The new chain needs more future tensioning space as the sprockets and chains appears matching??

Bookmark   January 4, 2013 at 12:12AM
More Discussions
Dewalt 3800 pressure washer, open hole between pump and engine.
Hi, I just bought a dewalt 3800 pressure washer gx...
ron111
Sears air compressor engine won't run when plugged in
Sears Paint Sprayer/Air Compressor Model No. 106.153542...
Cletus77
Toro 826 Drive Belt Jumps Off Crankshaft Pulley
Hello, I have a nine year old Toro Powermax 826. Late...
ronpr2112
Best gas leaf blower?
Can anyone recommend a good gas powered leaf blower?...
robar
Electrolytic Rust Removal
Has anyone tried this, using a battery charger, "washing...
exmar
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™