Stihl Kombi System Attachments?

tomtigersiiiDecember 23, 2009

Well I am trying to find out some information about the Kombi attachments. I was interested in getting the blower attachment and the pole trimmer. I was trying to see if anyone had either or both and could share how they like or dislike it. Thanks fellow gardners.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canguy(British Columbia)

They work well. The pole pruner is not telescoping although a fixed extension can be added. The blower is a brute with the KM130 power head but a little underwhelming with the KM55.

Bookmark   December 23, 2009 at 11:54PM
tomtigersiii

Thanks for the info. I did get the blower and have the KM55. I really thought it had quite a bit of power. No less than any other blower I had. I was going to get the pole trimmer I am just afraid at the 200 price I would not use it enough to justify spending that much. Thanks for the info.

Bookmark   December 27, 2009 at 12:30PM
cranheim

I have the KM110 system with a Hedge trimmer, and poll trimmer. While I can't speak for the KM55, my two attachments work great. If I remember correctly, the dealer recommended the KM110 for using the Poll saw, which he said might need the power. The only reason I did not get the KM130 was the additional weight. I use my machine to maintain a Hemlock hedge that is 220 feet long, 12 feet high, and an average width of 8 feet. I also use the extension, which will give me enough reach for my hedges. My KM110 has plenty of power for my attachments. The only negative comment I can make is that with the hedge trimmer and the shaft extension attached, it becomes quite heavy.

Bookmark   December 28, 2009 at 5:07PM
tomtigersiii

Thanks for the thoughts cranheim. I am still thinking about getting the pole trimmer even though I have the KM55. Wish me luck. Haha Hey do you guys have any good shoulder straps to recommend?

Bookmark   December 28, 2009 at 9:57PM
Grady95

I have had a Kombi for a couple years now. The string trimmer was what attracted me to it originally. That works great. I also have had the hedge trimmer head for a while and swear by it. This property is too big and the distances too great to be dragging a power cord around. The articulating power head is really handy.
I bought the pole pruner yesterday which is basically a pole mounted chain saw. There were two extensions available, either the standard steel at $69 or the carbide steel at $120. It took all of one second to decide which one for me. The carbide weigh so much less it is worth the difference. Remember, this thing is a big long pole with a chain saw at the end and you are supposed to control that while running! Pay for the lighter extension. You'll appreciate it.
Very satisfied with this, as I am with all the various Stihl products around here. Great stuff.

Bookmark   October 20, 2012 at 8:03AM
More Discussions
Woodzig electric pruner
I have a Woodzig electric pruner and use it often....
ranger_ric
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed on this Site
Are you finding Insert Pic Attachments to work as printed...
loger_gw
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering sewer line?
What’s a good safe cure to stop or slow root entering...
loger_gw
Building storage shed on a terraced slope
Is it safe to build a storage shed occupying two levels...
Thomas Lu
Who Makes This 'New' Craftsman 50cc Chain Saw?
Doing a little research on possible replacement saws......
pgtr
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™