Drill/drive kit with hex key on the unit?

ElGrecusDecember 27, 2013

This is pretty picky, but I've had a Ryobi drill/drive set for a while and it was great. It got too beat up to use (bent it so it won't drill straight) so I looked for a replacement. The new ones by Ryobi and Dewalt all have a hex key separate from the unit, which is really inconvenient. Who wants to go searching for that hex key when you break a bit?

In the attached picture you can see that the old set has a hex key built right into the end of the driver shank. Great idea! But I can't find a Ryobi or Dewalt, or any other maker's set that has that feature. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nod702(z7Tenn.)

I purchased mine from Sears a few years ago and they have the integrated hex key. In fact the four i have look exactly like the one you are showing.

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 7:58PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ElGrecus

Hello Nod702,

They seem to be out. I checked Sears. Oh well... it was a nice design. I'm going to try to straighten the one I have. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the reply and happy new year!

Bookmark   January 3, 2014 at 1:12AM
More Discussions
Have Chipper/Shredder for trade
I have a very nice gas powered wood chipper/leaf shredder...
charlieboring
Waterproofing a basement
I get water in my basement just about every spring...
huskymaniacny
Harbor Freight small utility tralier question
I just purchased this harbor freight trailer. http://www.harborfreight.com/1090-lb-capacity-40-1-2-half-inch-x-48-inch-mini-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-four-lug-wheels-and-tires-90153.html I...
rlmunsey
Who Makes This 'New' Craftsman 50cc Chain Saw?
Doing a little research on possible replacement saws......
pgtr
Old Troybilt Tiller Engine Replacement
I need to replace the eninge on my Troybilt tiller...
themaniam1
Sponsored Products
Nuvo Russet Bronze 4-light Swivel Track Kit
Overstock.com
Rami Wing Twin Tufted Headboard
$1,099.00 | Horchow
Bella 32 Inch Premium 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Undermount Double Bowl 60/40 Offs
eModern Decor
Pink Fabric Tent Kit
$79.99 | zulily
Tech Lighting | Gia Double Mirror Kit
$848.80 | YLighting
Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans Windward 54 in. White Ceiling Fan Light Energy Star
Home Depot
Round Twin Concealed Thermostatic Shower Faucet & Diverter 2 Outlets
Hudson Reed
Belham Living San Miguel Cast Aluminum Sofa Fire Pit Chat Set - Seats 9 Multicol
Hayneedle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™