Vintage Chain saws

rcmoserDecember 3, 2010

Going to start a thread on Vintage chain saws, I have few, try to post a pic. of the little Lighting, this saw screams throws chips like a clan of beavers. Anybody else want post pic of there still working classic saws? You can see I etched the date on the handle when I brought it new jan 72. you can also see the chain cover damage when I was a rookie not keeping the chain tight. Use to part time work as tree trimmer when I was in my late teens, this saw was very light 50 feet off the ground trimming with years ago.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
squirejohn zone4 VT

I don't know if I would classify my Jobu L86 as vintage or not. I bought it in the late 1970's and it still runs.

Bookmark   December 7, 2010 at 4:12PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcmoser

some more, can you tell I bored. Craftsman 1.8, Poulan #20, I think? off in the shadow OV10. some were baskets cases I got at auction for 15 bucks years ago. All Run good #20? looked like it was never used. Green one 1800 wood shark, one of two. Looks like I hung it up without cleaning! HOW did THAT HAPPEN???? About time to get them all down for there tri-annual run in and represervation.

Bookmark   December 22, 2010 at 4:24PM
More Discussions
Snow Thrower impeller
I have a Craftsman 9 hp dual stage snow thrower, that...
fjs001
2 stroke Mantis tiller vs. 4 stroke Mantis
I'm looking at buying a small Mantis cultivator but...
lil_rhody
Kohler K181 valve clearance
The engine would run perfect for maybe 30-45 minutes,...
snuffyinatl
Testing the new format X allowing multiple attachments.
I am back to two Lexan chain guides due to a chain...
loger_gw
2-cycle engine troubleshooting
My 2-cycle blower cannot be started. There is a hot...
slim50
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™