'Crazy Daisy' vs. packet photo

gringo(z8 VA)June 9, 2014

I enjoy sowing seeds of perennials & it never ceases to amaze me, of how the graphics used on a packet of seeds may look nothing like the end results. But, here's some 'Crazy Daisy' in flower & of course, appearing nothing like the seed packet photo whatsoever...

Although I wouldn't put it past me, to have used pollen from 'Fiona Coghill' to make my own crossing, creating my own seeds, to mix it up a bit so things would be even a bit more crazy! haha

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gyr_falcon(Sunset 23 USDA 9)

Really? They look similar to the photos of Crazy Daisy I have seen. Can you show the packet photo?

Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 4:53PM
gringo(z8 VA)

Well, I'll be darned, can't find one . Likely tossed it out, after a cold glass of ice water had got it wet & dried out, wrinkled, as I do tend to save packets, I usually save the various kinds of packets, as I like the different graphics, & save them, over the years & may have thought I had a duplicate & simply tossed all of them out, in error.
But maybe you can see an image of the packet, (a stock photo) used by Burpee, of packet for sale, if I'm not mistaken...Now that, ought to be rather easy to do, on the internet..as opposed to sifting all over again, through boxes, of saved seed pkts. from over nearly 20 years. lol

Bookmark   June 17, 2014 at 1:33PM
diggerdee zone 6 CT

Hmm, there is some diffierence, at least from Burpee's site. The centers on yours are bigger, and more yellow (although the color could be a photo thing.). See link below for Burpee's photo of them.

Dee
P.S. I like yours better!!

Here is a link that might be useful: crazy daisy on Burpee site

Bookmark   June 17, 2014 at 2:03PM
More Discussions
Agapanthus - where to buy?
I want to grow Agapanthus - the white one. Anyone know...
bluehaven_gweb
Are you missing past content?
I went searching for my old comments on GW and according...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Echinaceas in my Rain Garden
In a rare stroke of luck I just finished my rain garden...
northraleighguy
Before and After
By chance I came across this first photo just today....
rouge21_gw
Sun Lovers in Shade---Shade lovers in Sun?
Have you placed plants in a location contrary to what...
WendyJoZ8
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™