So ANGRY

tastefullyjulie(Lewiston, NY 6)February 22, 2006

Just had to get this off my chest. I had a day of wintersowing all planned. Got my seeds, containers and labels ready to go. Went to garage to get huge bag of MG potting soil - GONE! Hubby threw it away with the garbage yesterday! AAARRRGGGHHHH. I had it in a plastic bag because it was leaking, a CLEAR plastic bag. Any moron could see that it was a full bag of potting soil.

sigh, deep breath...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lblack61(z5 NY)

THREW AWAY SOIL!!!! AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
I'm angry with you!!
My goodness. Well, be thankful that it wasn't a plastic bag full of jugs (empty or full). That would have been harder to replace.
Here's some hugs to hopefully make you feel better ((HUGS)).
Send him out to buy another bag!

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 10:59AM
MLcom(z6NJ)

Wait till you catch him weeding out your flowers. Mine is still alive but sheeze! I could not speek to him for a week without some not so nice words. I want $6.99 per plant that you pulled up and that is over 200 bucks worth of plants!
Did I tell you he hates black eye susans.
ml

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 2:53PM
tastefullyjulie(Lewiston, NY 6)

Oh believe me, I had NO garden last year because he sprayed all the weeds (and everything around them) with round-up. He owes me at least $200, plus compensation for mental anguish!

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 3:24PM
mgood4u(z6-PA)

That sounds like something my DH would do. WHY, that is all I ask.........why do they do these things? I swear, it seems like they have some kind of unconcious drive to do things to us that suck.You know things that bother us but (of course) they could care less about. Guarantee that if the bag was filled with something he was interested in it would still be there! That's how it is here sometimes, anyway.

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 4:22PM
tiffy_z5_6_can(5/6)

DH does not touch anything which has an edging. As an Englishman, he knows better than to awaken the wrath of a French Canadian woman!!!

To put the potting soil out with the garbage???? I'm surprised you didn't put his suitcase there yourself! LOL!

But then again, you could 'milk' this you know.... How about a new trellis to make up for that mistake Dear?!

Bookmark   February 22, 2006 at 6:59PM
blackcat333(z6 NY)

That reminds me to tell my husband where the lupines are planted this year in case he decides to get frisky with the weed wacker! After 3 years of chopping them down, you'd think he'd recognize one by now!

Bookmark   February 23, 2006 at 12:50PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Just another reason why I'm glad to be an old maid, and that DBF lives an hour away and never sprays or weed wacks for me.

Another plus is that he has a chain saw and lovers to use it here...with my supervision of course. (Could that be why I'm an OM?)

Sue...who refuses kind offers of help to clean both the basement and the shed...

Bookmark   February 23, 2006 at 2:20PM
seedbandito(7 NC)

Ladies, ladies.... come on now, count to 10. You know they don't have any ovaries to think with, they can't help it, lol!! It's not their fault. You know, when the good lord man, he thought... "that is good but I can do better" !!! Then he made women, (hehehe!).

Have a great day!

Bookmark   February 24, 2006 at 6:36AM
jim_6b(TN)

My DW and I agreed that if there were any plants or flowers to be planted, they would be planted in a flower bed and not just anywhere in the yard. If there was no room in any existing beds, I would dig a new one. This way no rose bushes or anything else "accidently" gets run over by the lawn mower. Men aren't stupid, they just do stupid things..........often
Jim

Bookmark   February 26, 2006 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
Has Anyone Wintersowed Burnet?
Love the tall, wispy flowers like Tall Verbena and...
lizbest1
Trying again after 10 years..
Hollyhocks, hibiscus, yarrow, delphinium, lychinis,...
CEFreeman_GW
promix ultimate potting mix for winter sowing?
Is this kind suitable for winter sowing, since it contains...
pink_petals
Newbie question. Would this work?
I have a really large clear plastic bag that I could...
christacharlene
seeds already started?
I've started several seeds in paper cups and put in...
sorie6
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™