Go Steelers!

kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)February 5, 2006

OK , everyone root for the Steelers tonight. Although I've lived in rival Cinti Bengal territory for nearly 30 years, my roots are in Pittsburgh. Going to represent the 'burgh at a small gathering tonight with Steeler-loathing Bengal fans. They're just jealous!

Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

My son was born in Pittsburgh. I should know, I was there! I was born in Columbus, my middle boy in Albuquerque and my daughter in Oklahoma City.

So it's Steelers or nothing for us. Pgh lingo - yunz jaggin me. Get awt! What are those crazy sandwiches with the mystery meat, coleslaw and frenchfries on one bun? Can't remember. It was on Food Network recently.

We lived in the south hills from 1985-1987.

Bookmark   February 5, 2006 at 3:31PM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

No, no, no, Karen. Not 'everyone root for the Steelers tonight'. Washington State at least is pretty much leaning the other way

I have blackberry pies and apple cream pie just about ready to take out of the oven. Friends are serving crab, shrimp, razor clams - I'm bringing dessert.

A real coastal Washington indoor tailgate :) :) :)
To tell you the truth, this isn't a household with a major interest in professional sports, diehard college fans here. But the last couple of weeks leading up to this game has been fun for all of us in the PNW. How about best team wins, and with no significant injuries on either side.

Bookmark   February 5, 2006 at 4:41PM
monipsych(Zone 6)

Pittsburgh born and bred...Go Steelers!

Bookmark   February 5, 2006 at 5:14PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

I'll drink to that. But my adult son lives in Seattle and has orders from me to represent us there!

Bookmark   February 5, 2006 at 5:36PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

Way to go Steelers! Our little gathering was fun and only slightly hostile to our side. The hostess even bought one of those giant decorated bakery cookies for us, saying "Steelers". Best part- the cookie was in a huge container- black base with enormous clear plastic dome. She saving it for me; it will hold a lot of cups for WS.

Karen

Bookmark   February 7, 2006 at 6:14AM
More Discussions
Newbie question. Would this work?
I have a really large clear plastic bag that I could...
christacharlene
Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #2:
Game of Zone 2014-2015 Link:This is the continuation...
ladyrose65
Question about cold treatment?
It's late to put some seed out that needs a longer...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Has Anyone Wintersowed Burnet?
Love the tall, wispy flowers like Tall Verbena and...
lizbest1
Brrrrr! Pretty cold out there, too cold?
I just started winter sowing and have my first containers...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™