Dancing with the Seeds...

singingcrk(z6 KY)February 13, 2006

Is anyone else watching Dancing With the Stars? It's the only show I watch regularly right now. Who are you rooting for?

Did you see that tango this week? WOW!

Angel, swayin', steppin', and sowin'...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PVick(6b NYC)

Great show!

I'm rooting for Drew and Cheryl - he is terrific! Lisa and Stacy are great too, and Jerry is getting so much better. That ballroom dancing is hard stuff!

Can't wait to see what they will do tonight.

PV

Bookmark   February 16, 2006 at 7:59AM
singingcrk(z6 KY)

Thanks, PVick, I was beginning to feel guilty for watching television, when I shoould be SOWING! :o)

Yes, we're cheering for Drew and Cheryl, too. Although hubby keeps making me throw in a couple of votes for Stacey...imagine that. She's a natural, but Drew and Cheryl blew me away last week with that tango - I don't know how it can get better.

This season is so much better than the last, I just wish there was more dancing and less talking.

I wish people still danced. We took lessons (briefly) after we had our first baby - wow, it's great exercise! And wow, it's been a long time...

Bookmark   February 16, 2006 at 9:52AM
PVick(6b NYC)

The final show was weeks ago, but that "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" freestyle dance by Drew and Cheryl is still playing in my mind. What a hoot! And well done.

Next year's show should be interesting, I hope.

Bookmark   March 15, 2006 at 9:30PM
singingcrk(z6 KY)

Hi, PVick!

That whole episode was hilarious, wigs and all! Yes, they were just incredible; they really deserved to win. (And I was glad they had replayed the "Thriller" paso doble, that's the episode I missed - awesome!)

Jerry was suddenly doing really well at the end, it was like he suddenly "got it", and could dance. Maybe he relaxed and decided to have fun. I don't know what happened with Stacey. That Saturday Night Fever thing - she didn't DO anything! I wonder if her partner threw the match...there was just nothing...

We taped almost every episode (Murphy's Law dictates that all efforts to do something on a regular basis must be thwarted; all phone calls, sick pets, screaming kids, house repairs, etc., must occur BETWEEN commercials...), so we (okay, *I*) could go back and analyze dances. I think the tango was still my favorite, that's the one running through my head :o)

When they finally handed Drew and Cheryl the trophy, I was actually let down - Oh, no! The show's OVER! Oh well, at least I have the tapes.

Here's hoping next year is even better! :o)

Bookmark   March 16, 2006 at 10:16AM
PVick(6b NYC)

Hi singingcrk!

Oh, if you missed the "Thriller" one earlier, it's good they did it again. I loved that one!

I think Jerry was very surprised that he beat Stacey to the finals and decided to just go for the fun - he KNEW he wouldn't beat Drew!

I believe they said that Stacey was suffering with a bad heel/foot/ankle. Too bad, but that disco number was awful - especially when you've come to expect much more from her.

But I think all of them were so much better as the show went on, even if they got kicked off ..... ok, there were a few that stayed awful. LOL!

I know what you mean about feeling let down ... but you'll be able to watch the tapes, at least. I'm such a doof, I never thought about taping the shows. But the way things are these days, it'll probably be out on DVD in a few months.

Here's to next year -

SAVE A HORSE, RIDE A COWBOY

Just tickles me!

PV

Bookmark   March 16, 2006 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
Brrrrr! Pretty cold out there, too cold?
I just started winter sowing and have my first containers...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
easiest annuals to winter sow
so i have all my perennials out, and i'm beginning...
gardendaydreamer
Milk Cartons (not plastic jugs)
Can I use milk cartons for winter sowing or is the...
luigiwu
Something to pull in more newbies :-)
Front yard in June: Vera, I finally found a pic of...
pitimpinai
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™