What a beautiful day!!

vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)February 17, 2007

It's 11am and 57 degrees and just taking a break from doing a little weed pulling and raking away winter mulch, ect. Spread new rabbit manure/straw mix onto the veggie area and location where the Bleeding Heart are planned to go. The viola are putting on their smiley faces, crocus is shooting up, Muscari looks good, Maximillian Sunflower and Catmint are starting new growth and chives are sending up new green shoots. I am doing anything to stay outdoors today!! The best part of the day so far was witnessing a few Ladybugs sun bathing on a stone :D

I spent a good portion yesterday outdoors clipping away old growth, seed heads and grasses. Will tackle the Salvia officinalis today.

Vera

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Vera,

It is hard to imagine we are in the same zone. The ground here is frozen quite deep due to weeks of temps not being above freezing, even by day, and some snow cover. It is snowing now as well.

By the end of the week though we are to see 50's, and maybe 60.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful day.

I slipped (and almost fell) twice going down to the mail box today, so I'm not going anywhere until it thaws here.

Sue

Bookmark   February 17, 2007 at 5:05PM
vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)

Ouch! Hope you didn't get hurt~
Glad to see you'll be warming up too...YEAH!!

If it ever stops raining long enough for the ground to dry up a bit, February is when I usually start digging up and moving things I never got to in the fall!
Geography really makes one zone completely different huh? When is your last frost date? Ours is usually May 12-15th.

Vera

Bookmark   February 17, 2007 at 8:15PM
PVick(6b NYC)

Oh, Vera, serious zone-envy going on! Everything here is frozen solid! Can't believe that a month ago we were in the 70's!

Enjoy your beautiful weather ....

PV

Bookmark   February 18, 2007 at 5:45AM
More Discussions
Can you re-use the potting soil from last year?
I have some milk jugs left from last year. Can I use...
jd101
Has Anyone Wintersowed Burnet?
Love the tall, wispy flowers like Tall Verbena and...
lizbest1
Extreme cold predicted and my seeds have sprouted
I have WS cabbage sprouting here in Zone 7, but Sunday...
coffeehaus
First Time WS... Snapdragons, lunaria, cleome... Help?
So this is my first year WSing. I planted some perennial...
david883
I may have overdone things a bit...
So... I split out my 1 gallon pot of Di Ciccio broccoli...
pugetsoundgardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™