My dad passed away this morning

albertar(z7 LINY)February 25, 2007

Just to let you all know that early this morning I lost my dad. He had been in a nursing home since June 06, suffering from alzheimers disease. He passed away in his sleep at 5am today.

Alberta

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lblack61(z5 NY)

I'm so sorry, Alberta :-(
I'll be praying for your family during this time of loss. My thoughts are with you ((hug)). You take care of yourself, okay?
Linda

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 2:44PM
wendeyzee(z5Wa)

Condolences Alberta, my heart goes out to you, and hugs too!!
Wendey

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 3:14PM
carrie630(z7bNC)

Prayers and condolences, to you Alberta and your family -
and a special hug from...

Carrie

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 4:32PM
laurelin(z5a/4b Upstate NY)

I'm so sorry, Alberta!

Laurel

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 4:43PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

I am sorry, Alberta.
My deepest sympathy.

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 6:21PM
neonposey(z7 NC)

Alberta - I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Hang in there.....

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 8:19PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

I'm very sorry Alberta.

Karen

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 10:17PM
pameliap(Z8 Florence, SC)

My sympathy to you and your family. My mom has Alzheimers and it has been like losing her everyday. She's still at home, but I dread the time when we have to make the decision to place her in a care facility.

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 7:00AM
lindakimy

I'm so sorry for your loss, Alberta.

My own dear Mama went the same way a couple of years ago. She had been in the nursing home for about 10 years and hadn't recognized me for most of that time. It is such torture to lose a dear one this way. I do hope they will eventually find a way to spare our elders this dreadful thing!

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 8:28AM
ronald(Z5 MI)

Alberta
I am truly sorry for you loss.
He is now in a better place with his loved ones.
You will be in my prayers.
Ron

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 12:15PM
vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)

So sorry to hear about your dad!
You and family are in my prayers,

Vera

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 12:58PM
donn_(7b-8a)

May he rest in peace. He earned it by putting you here.

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 5:02PM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss...it's been many years since I lost my own dad and there are still days I miss him....but trust me when I say it does get easier.

Peace for his soul and also your heart! I'll keep you in my thoughts....

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 7:07PM
Margaret6a(6a IN)

Here is another hug coming to you. I am so sorry. Please accept my sympathies. Margaret

Bookmark   February 26, 2007 at 10:32PM
littleonefb

Alberta,
You and your family are in my prayers.

Fran

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 1:30AM
PVick(6b NYC)

My condolences go out to you and your family, Alberta. May your dad be in peace ...

PV

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 3:29PM
dirt_yfingernails(z3-4 MN)

Sorry to hear of your loss. May he rest in peace.

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 5:13PM
trudi_d

I just read this, I'm very sorry to read this Alberta--how very sad. You have been a devoted daughter throughout this, your father was lucky to have your care.

T

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 10:31PM
albertar(z7 LINY)

Just a few lines to thank you all for your warm condolences. I really appreciate this, as its been a very emotional time for me. Since last May, when dad fell and was hospitalized, then put in short term rehab, then home for 2 weeks, then back to the nursing home for long term care it has been one hell of a roller coaster ride. My mom, almost 83 had been hospitalized 10 or 11 times since then, and is again hospitalized with a broken hip from a fall. She was not able to attend the funeral of her husband of almost 60 years and its killing her. Today she is going into short term rehab, but I believe it may become extended, as at this point she is being deemed incompetent. She is so confused and disoriented. The morning of the burial I found out that one of my younger brothers, (no kid mind you, 53 years old) is dealing and smoking crack in my mothers house. My agenda for this weekend and the following week is to some how get him and his crack buddies out of there. I don't know what the outcome will be, but something has to be done. Thank you for allowing me to ramble on, but I do so very much appreciate your warm wishes.
with love,
Alberta

Bookmark   March 2, 2007 at 5:51AM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

I am so sorry; you are having a vey rough time. My pray for your strength and time to regroup before tackling each task every single day.

Bookmark   March 3, 2007 at 9:20AM
shoregrowin(Z 7 DE on the bay)

Alberta,

What a hard time for you... Big hugs and prayers your way honey. Sow some seeds in memory if it will help.
Know we are here for you if you need to talk. My motherinlaw was recently diagnosed. It is a horrible disease. God bless you and your family,
((((((Alberta)))))))

Bookmark   March 4, 2007 at 1:30AM
lblack61(z5 NY)

Wow, it sounds like you have a lot on your hands, Alberta.
I feel so bad for your mother. I will be praying for her.
And I'll be praying for the other situation as well. You hang there, be strong (((more hugs)).
Linda

Bookmark   March 7, 2007 at 9:48PM
neonposey(z7 NC)

Alberta - just wanted to check in with you and see how things are going since you lost your dad. Any improvement with your mom? And i hope you gave that brother of yours a swift kick in the behind. I hope your doing ok.... we cant bring your dad back but we can let you know we care...

Thinking about you.....

Bookmark   March 31, 2007 at 8:31PM
albertar(z7 LINY)

Hi Neonposey,
That was so sweet of you. Things are getting better, mom is still in the nursing home but should be released very soon, maybe even this coming week. I took her to the surgeon yesterday, and he has offically released her from his care, he wants her up and walking. At the nursing home they are keeping her in the wheelchair and that is just not my mom, 83 years old and feisty and independent as all hell.

The brothers....I think they are cleaning up their act, don't know for sure because I'm avoiding them like the plague, but one of moms neighbors said its been much more quiet over there lately, so hopefully they have stopped.

I'm doing better since last Saturday, I started feeling alive and alert again, again, thanks so much for thinking of me.
Alberta

Bookmark   March 31, 2007 at 8:55PM
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

I was thinking about you this week as my dad went into the hospital for a pacemaker and things aren't going well. If my brother was a crackhead at least I could have him arrested. He's just stupid, and unfortunately, there is no stupid law.

Sometimes I think hermits have the right idea...

Bookmark   April 1, 2007 at 6:19PM
albertar(z7 LINY)

Karen
I hope your dad is ok, my mom has a pacemaker, and don't know if you know or not, but about every 5 years the battery must be changed. My mom is on coumadin, and when the time was coming close for her battery to be changed, she stopped the coumadin, but her blood levels were too high at the time so they put the changing of the battery off. Last summer, the damn pacemaker actually was protruding through her skin, she developed an infection, and we had to take her to a cardiac thoraic surgeon about 40 miles from here. In one day they removed the pacemaker, and she was on high levels of antibiotics for a week, the next week they put in the new pacemaker and she has been ok since, with the exception of this past fall breaking her hip. Oh its been one hell of a year!!! She's due to be released from this past session of nursing home/rehabilitation soon.

As for the crackhead, he is digging his own grave. Keep us posted on how your dad does.
Alberta

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 12:04PM
neonposey(z7 NC)

I'll drink to the hermit idea. My children (30, 27, 14) are just about to kill me. You would think as they get older, they would get less needy ~~ with mine? NOT!

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 12:28PM
richdelmo

My condolences Alberta, just read this today and hope you and yours are doing well.

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 1:32PM
not_a_contessa(z5b S Central PA mtns.)

Alberta you have been in my thoughts since you first posted this thread, and I'm finally able to let you know I feel so bad for all you have had to deal with. Sometimes life wants to kick us in the butt really hard, and that's when we learn how really strong we are! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Mary

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 9:47PM
More Discussions
Can I really, really wintersow tomatoes?
I wintersowed in my old garden for several years and...
nonconformist_nymphette
Containers for winter sowing.
I have some clear plastic shoe boxes but they have...
hibiscusfan zone5-Northwest Ohio
Trying again after 10 years..
Hollyhocks, hibiscus, yarrow, delphinium, lychinis,...
CEFreeman_GW
Milk Cartons (not plastic jugs)
Can I use milk cartons for winter sowing or is the...
luigiwu
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™