Any other WSing Jewelry Makers?

northforkerFebruary 5, 2010

I've been wsing for 4 years now - love it. This past October I decided to try my hand at jewelry making and I am having a lot of fun with it. My husband think it is a riot that I have moved from "seeds" to "beads" - collections of both abound throughout the house. Right now I have a necklace going at one end of the kitchen table and tiny baggies of seed for a round robin swap covering the other end of the table........

I find I am almost as complusive about buying beads as I am gathering and saving seeds (seeds are cheaper!!!!) I find these great deals on ebay late at night that are half the price that the local bead store charges.

Anyway, any other seedloving beaders out there?

Nancy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floodthelast(5 N. OH)

Yes I like it very much. I also use my beads to make garden ornaments out of my old wire hangers, lol. I have a toddler so I can't play as much as I'd like with the beads but do enjoy all the pretty things.

Bookmark   February 8, 2010 at 12:18AM
northforker

ooooooooh garden ornaments...hadn't thought of that! Do tell - what kind, how, any pics????

I can't imagine trying to work with beads when my kids were small. For me it takes a LOT of concentration and I just had no brain space until recently (son is 17, daughter 20). Now my daughter and I, when she is home from college, have a wonderful time designing and creating.

Bookmark   February 13, 2010 at 5:00PM
proudgm_03(6 MO)

I've always wanted to try but I'm not very talented and have no idea how to do it. I have bought beads and wire and that's as far as I got as I don't know what I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated. Some simple bracelet perhaps?

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 7:05PM
northforker

You can use just the stretchy thread to thread the beads and make a bracelet. Put a drop of nailpolish on the knot to help it hold.

For necklaces/braclets with wire, it gets a bit more complicated. Need some basic tools (you can get at any craft store)and a few hours to watch videos on the computer. Yup, that is how I learned this fall - there are instructional video clips all over the internet. Mostly it comes down to two things: using what's called "crimp" beads to hold the beads on the wire and also learning how to make "loops" to connect components.

Bookmark   February 15, 2010 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
has anyone ws aubrieta?
Is it too late to ws aubrieta. I am in zone 5- Iowa....
maryjozone5
List of Seed Companies Owned by Monsanto
If you want to avoid using GMO seeds, here is a list...
bbmiche
Im so excited, I have sprouts!!!
This is my first time winter sowing. My mom thought...
smokey28777
winter sowing a raised bed?
I am considering ws a raised bed in my backyard and...
maryjozone5
Where did everyone go?
I know lots of folks are on the FB WS group but where...
indianaplantlover
Sponsored Products
Royal Tine Wall Hooks
$41.99 | Dot & Bo
Simple Designs Lamps 19.69 in. White Sheer Silk Band Tripod Nickel Table Lamp
$29.99 | Home Depot
Caskata Hawthorne Ice Rimmed Soup Bowl
$115.00 | FRONTGATE
Milano Parchment Gold Three-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Wall Sconce, 13W x
Bellacor
Cuisinart DCC-1100PK Pink 12-cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Overstock.com