More TV stuff - Extreme Home Makeover is in our town!

singingcrk(z6 KY)March 18, 2006

Wow, I had no idea... at the beginning of the week, I noticed that one of the grocery stores in Cynthiana had a "Welcome Extreme Makeover Cast and Crew" sign up, but I forgot to ask about it. Last night we went to a magic show at the high school, saw another sign, and a teenager wearing a shirt from the show. Asked a friend, and she said they were in Berry this week, redoing a house. Cool, I may have to go check out the excitement, and add to the traffic jam!

It's an itty bitty town, it seems wild to have something like that going on. I have only seen parts of the show a couple of times, but if it is a live reveal, is it still on Sundays? Is the guy from Trading Spaces still doing it, the one everyone is apparently crazy about? Too bad he's not my type - why couldn't somebody like Antonio Banderas come to town??? Sigh...

While we lived in the next county over, they were filming parts of "Sea Biscuit" in Paris. Now THAT would have been fun, they had everyone in town dressed up as extras, old cars parked everywhere. But somehow I didn't manage to get into town during any of it.

Well, anyway, just thought I'd share the excitement - we may take the kids by to check it out later.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
singingcrk(z6 KY)

Oh, well, it would seem no one in this house was interested in checking it out. Instead, hubby helped me get started laying out the vegetable garden today, so I'm not complaining!
:o)

Bookmark   March 19, 2006 at 8:27PM
flowerchildky

Hi there,
I watch the show at times, it's really good- My daughter always watches it- I will tell her to watch for the Ky one and call me :))

She and her friend were in the movie "Sea Biscuit"- just as extras of course, but it was a fun day for them, seeing how a real movie is made-no pay, but lots of fun and good food provided *haha* they had to find clothes to wear that looked like the 1930's-

I wish they would come build me a new house! now, that would be a 'real deal' hahaha

glad you got started on the veggie garden- I can't seem to make myself get out there- it's still to chilly for me-
my ideal temperature is about 80 degrees and sunshine! :))

thanks for the tip,
Linda in chilly Louisville

Bookmark   March 20, 2006 at 7:15AM
blackcat333(z6 NY)

George Clooney was just in my area and staying at a local Ramada Inn. They had updates in the paper everyday about what was going on at the movie set. Then Jon Stewart came up and shot that bedroom scene that they used at the Academy Awards.

Bookmark   March 21, 2006 at 8:38AM
singingcrk(z6 KY)

Now, George Clooney I wouldn't mind seeing... Back before I was married, and worked in a mall bookstore in Lexington, the story was that George used to sell shoes or something, at McAlpin's (a department store). Now I don't remember if it was supposed to be the same mall, but that didn't really matter. The point was to give the girls something to sigh over while we passed the hours...:o)

Linda, it is definitely icky here today! It was drizzling ice, and it just started snowing. Cold, cold. But maybe this will be the last of it!

So did your daughter make it into any scenes in the movie? That must have been so much fun!

I told my mom about the makeover show being in town, and she couldn't believe they weren't redoing OUR house. I said, "Why, did you call in and request it?" Her response was "Well, I never was good with directions." Thanks, Mom, LOL

Bookmark   March 21, 2006 at 2:03PM
More Discussions
Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #1:
This is the first thread in the official Winter Sowing...
ladyrose65
Where did everyone go?
I know lots of folks are on the FB WS group but where...
indianaplantlover
OK, Now that I have sprouts what do I do next
Should I water the little baby sprouts? When do I...
smokey28777
anybody have sprouts in jersey yet?
is anyone seeing sprouts in zones 5 &6? I put...
gardendaydreamer
how long for annuals to sprout?
I moved and cannot find my records from last year....
ellenr22 - NJ - Zone 6b/7a
Sponsored Products
A-1136 Swingarm Wall Task Lamp by Estiluz
$786.00 | Lumens
Star Barn Birdhouse
$99.99 | zulily
Safavieh Handmade Kerman Rust/ Gold Wool Rug (7'6 x 9'6 Oval)
Overstock.com
Petite Princess Pink Kids Magazine Rack
Classic Hostess
Morning Glory Carribbean Gold Two-Light Wall Sconce
$509.40 | Bellacor
Darya Rugs Oushak, Blue, 6'2" x 9'4" M1715-143
Darya Rugs
An Extra (Cast Iron) Hand
$34.99 | Dot & Bo
Area Rug: Presidential Picks Dyches Ivory 2' 3" x 8'
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for: