Companion for Fuchsia plant

katefisher(Z7_NorthernCA)June 25, 2009

Looking for a companion plant for my potted Fuchsia. Currently located on my front porch it does not receive anything but bright shade. No direct sunlight at all. Perennial or annual are fine. I don't grow anything in these conditions but the fuchsia's. Everything else in my yard gets at least a little sunlight but not in this space.

Thank you.

Kate

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dyhgarden(7b)

Dragon wing begonia and purple heart (Setcreasea). I put those with my fuchsia and it was a stunning combination until...

... a Carolina Wren built a nest in my hanging basket making it difficult for us to keep it watered with eggs and babies in there and lost the fuschsia.

Cameron

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 6:36PM
katefisher(Z7_NorthernCA)

I'll check on both of those plants. Thank you. That is very sweet you prioritized the wee Wren family over your plant. Good job.

Kate

Bookmark   June 25, 2009 at 9:26PM
Karchita(WA Z8)

Japanese maple, hostas, begonia, ferns, lobelia. There are many possibilities ... just go with what you like.

Bookmark   June 26, 2009 at 2:23AM
katefisher(Z7_NorthernCA)

Thank you Karchita. Going nursery shopping this weekend so I'll bear your suggestions in mind. Probably a maple is too large but everything else would work nicely.

By the way I looked up the Dragon Wing Begonia last night and thought it was completely cool! What a neat plant. Never heard of it before so I'll keep my eyes open for one tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Kate

Bookmark   June 26, 2009 at 12:25PM
More Discussions
Trying any new perennials this year?
Just wondering what new perenniaks everyone is trying...
bellarosa
Are you missing past content?
I went searching for my old comments on GW and according...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Winterizing perennials?
Just moved into a new home with lots of established...
chaven
Agapanthus - where to buy?
I want to grow Agapanthus - the white one. Anyone know...
bluehaven_gweb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™