Happy Dance!

pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)April 6, 2010

I am so very happy I could busrt

So I have to share this with you.

Don't know if any of you remember how I asked for help about my son finding a place to stay in NYC 3 or 4 summers ago?

We'll, he is graduating next month and got a job offer already. Facebook made him an offer. :-)

And years ago I was so worried about him getting dismissed from school because he was caught in his girlfriend's dorm room after curfew. Sigh........

Actually that was the worst nightmare I had about him.

Apparently, I/we have done a terrific job raising him.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Congratulations on your son's job. I can hardly believe that it has been that long since you first watched him go off to NYC. It is a joy for a parent to see one's child move out into the world in such a positive way.

Bookmark   April 9, 2010 at 4:20AM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Thanks, Bobbie. Guess what? My son got an offer from Google today. Hurray! Hurray!
New York, here's Js....!!!

Bookmark   April 12, 2010 at 11:13PM
PVick(6b NYC)

Great news, pit! Congrats to your son ..... has he decided whether he's going to take either offer? I hear Google is a great place to work.

PV

Bookmark   April 14, 2010 at 6:45PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Hi PV. Thanks. Js has just turned down Facebook and is negotiating with Google for a higher salary. lol. He'll need it if he wants to live in Manhattan. :-)

Facebook wanted him to start right away after graduation. Anyhow, living in Palo Alto, CA is tough without a car, unlike NYC. The problem is NYC is so very expensive. Js likes New York, though. I would rather he work in NYC because it's a lot closer to Chicago than California. :-) That way I can just hop on the plane if I want to come see an opera or revisit the museums. :-D

Bookmark   April 14, 2010 at 10:56PM
tiffy_z5_6_can(5/6)

I can see you smiling!!! How sweet life is! We wish him all the best. :O)

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 7:56PM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

OMG! How wonderful he has found a job with promise with the economy still lagging! Cheers going his (and your) way, someone has done something right and I suspect both of you :)

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 8:40PM
not_a_contessa(z5b S Central PA mtns.)

What an exciting time for your family, he must be thrilled, congrats to all of you.

Mary

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 9:54PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Thanks, morz28, tiffy & Mary. I still did not quite believe it until we received a package from Google. It's official now that he is a Noogler. :-D That's what the Google Personnel called him - Noogler = new Google employee.

I am tickled pink and so thrilled for him. I have not asked him whether he has looked for a place to live yet. I am thinking he can post a request at Google looking for a room to share with another Googler. :-) Or another Noogler. :-D

I hope that he'll go back to school asap, because he is still very young. And Google give $12,000 tuition reimbursement a year. Wonderful deal. :-)

That's the brightest thing in my life right now. Got passed over for a promotion. I am down in the dump big time. Oh, well. Enough of that....better to go out splitting my seedlings. :-P

Bookmark   April 23, 2010 at 8:31PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Congratulations, Mone, on your son's job with Google. That is a wonderful tuition deal and hope he takes advantage of it.

Sorry about not getting the promotion. Hugs to you.

Bookmark   April 27, 2010 at 2:10AM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Thanks, Bobbie. I am so very happy with the Noogler. ;-)
I really can use a hug. I really am very unhappy with work right now. I try to tell myself that I am lucky I still have a job...

Anyway, I earned $15.00 today from my plant sale..teheee. That was fun.

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 8:37PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

That's great, Mone.

Karen

Bookmark   May 1, 2010 at 9:07AM
drippy(7bAL)

Hey, you are doing alright with that kid! I have two young adults; still working on the second...he's got a fabulous work ethic when it comes to school, but somehow can't translate it to the real world yet. Half musician, half engineer, I guess I shouldn't have expected otherwise!

Now that your young man is settled in employment, perhaps the good employment stars will turn your way.

Bookmark   May 1, 2010 at 6:34PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

My son cannot afford to live in Manhattan and he does not want to share living space anymore, so he found a 1 bedroom apartment in Astoria, Queens. He is happy as clam. I have yet to see what his place is like. I am planning to go check it out after New Year's. :-) Might as well take in an opera and another visit to the Met. Museum of Art. :-)

Js said he has already gained 5 lbs. because Google feeds its employees 3 meals a day. He does not have to worry about finding food 5 days out of a week. Cool, huh? He is also traveling to California and Ireland on the job. What a job at that! I am so very happy for him.

Bookmark   October 17, 2010 at 6:50PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Glad your son found a place for himself, both a living space and a job that has such great perks. I think of him often when I use Google search.

Hope you are feeling more upbeat and enjoying this lingering fall.

Bobbie

Bookmark   October 22, 2010 at 12:34PM
PVick(6b NYC)

Astoria is another of the "up-and-coming" areas in NYC - wasn't bad before, either. And still cheaper than Manhattan. I sure can't fault him for not wanting to share space anymore - that can get real tired, real quick. Smart and savvy kid you've got there!

Just tell him to watch that weight gain!

PV

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 1:00PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Thanks, Bobbie & PV.
I am so very proud of this kid...my one and only....considering how many people are losing their job and how many college grads are looking, he is one lucky kid. :-D

He has taken up swimming again. Google pays for gym membership too. I should take example from him. I need to lose a couple pounds myself. :-D

Yeah, after reading some horror stories about roommates et al, I would rather that Js not share with anyone. Apparently the neighborhood is not bad either.

I am cleaning up the garden and getting ready for a long trip to the southwest. I am attending a conference in Las Vegas. We'll meet up with my sister. We'll travel around the area after my conference. That should be fun.

Bookmark   November 4, 2010 at 1:36AM
More Discussions
Trying again after 10 years..
Hollyhocks, hibiscus, yarrow, delphinium, lychinis,...
CEFreeman_GW
Help please - I need a photo of milk jugs in snow
Hi everyone, I work for a non-profit organization and...
diggerdee zone 6 CT
Has Anyone Wintersowed Burnet?
Love the tall, wispy flowers like Tall Verbena and...
lizbest1
Extreme cold predicted and my seeds have sprouted
I have WS cabbage sprouting here in Zone 7, but Sunday...
coffeehaus
Containers for winter sowing.
I have some clear plastic shoe boxes but they have...
hibiscusfan zone5-Northwest Ohio
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™