The use of OT: on the discussions page of the forums

albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)May 14, 2009

Did you ever wonder why persons use OT: on the discussions page of these forums rather than clicking on the conversations page?

Conjectures that come to mind are the lack of traffic in conversations, or they just don't know about conversations, or they are rude, or [fill in the blank].

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancy_drew(5 nw chgo burbs)

I like to think that it's more lack of traffic here. I know that quite a few people are not even aware of this area of the forum... which is WHY there is a lack of traffic here.

Sometimes, the question or the topic is only slightly OT and could be relevant to gardening in general. Then perhaps it DOES belong in the discussion forum.

As for being rude? I'm thinkin' no. I haven't had that problem with anyone here... well except for me... I've been known to be rude at least once or twice. ;)

Bookmark   May 15, 2009 at 12:54PM
retiredprof(7)

I agree. I didn't know about this area of the forum until somebody mentioned it in discussions.

Bookmark   May 16, 2009 at 8:00AM
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

Or perhaps just bored? Winter is over in more than half the world so what can the winter sowing people have to anxiously talk about.

A few minutes ago 9/30 or 30% of the page one posts were labeled OT:. There were probably more.

Bookmark   May 25, 2009 at 2:08PM
dorisl(5)

The OT posts dont bother me at all. I think many things are labeled OT that, in my mind, are not OT and are perfectly on topic.

The only posts that I think are rude are the occassional spam posts.

Bookmark   May 28, 2009 at 9:00AM
ajpa(z6 se PA)

Guilty! I use OT a lot there. Trying to use this forum instead for my current whine (hint hint hint).

Bookmark   June 4, 2009 at 5:21PM
More Discussions
Question about cold treatment?
It's late to put some seed out that needs a longer...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Can you re-use the potting soil from last year?
I have some milk jugs left from last year. Can I use...
jd101
Trying again after 10 years..
Hollyhocks, hibiscus, yarrow, delphinium, lychinis,...
CEFreeman_GW
Winter Sown Peppers (Tomatos)
I tried winter sowing last year for the first time...
midmented
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™