Something bit me!
Something bit me on the back of my neck while I was working outside!
As someone who really is scared of bugs but has managed to tolerate them since becoming a gardener, I managed fairly well:
1. Yelled out expletives and made jerky movements, both which made the dog look at me funny,
2. Felt (hestiantly)the back of my neck with my hand and fingers to see if whatever it was was still there
3. Felt something and frantically ran upstairs to pull off my shirt (almost having pulled it off in front of the open front door)
4. Grabbed a container of Avon bug spray and reached around to spray my back and the back of my neck to kill whatever it was or may have been
5. Trying not to perseverate on the issue before my husband gets home and I force him to conduct a complete inspection of my back and neck
I don't even want to go outside to get the mail. I think it's going to take the rest of the day (and night) for me to get the courage to go back outside.