Your Prays Needed

vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)May 29, 2007

I will be going into tomorrow to have a biopsy on my breast at 2pm after my doctor found a growth during my first mamagram examine followed by an ultrasound 2 weeks ago. I am a little worried since my maternal great-grandmother died of breast cancer so please include me in your prayers. I'm not sure how long it will take to get the biopsy results back, but hope it's fairly quick.

Thank you,

Vera

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seedmama(7)

vera,
First, let me acknowledge your fears and concerns. They are yours to own. But don't let them own you. Second, each of my own biopsies have been benign. Keep in mind this is by far the most common outcome. Third, should the results reveal something more grave, remember that thanks to the efforts of Nancy Brinker and many, many others, treatments that didn't even exist ten years ago are kicking breast cancer in the seat of the pants. Should a battle be necessary, it is yours to win. You have my prayers.

Bookmark   May 29, 2007 at 7:40PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Don't worry too much. I know it's not easy to stop thinking about the outcome, but it maybe nothing. Good luck.

Bookmark   May 29, 2007 at 10:28PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

Good luck, Vera. I'll be thinking of you.

Karen

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 5:47AM
vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)

Thanks....
I've only been up since 3am....couldn't sleep. I'm probably more scared of the being stabbed :0
I was fretting the mamagram too before I went in; it didn't even hurt a bit LOL! Then again I'm small chested...not much there to flatten HA!

Vera

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 7:24AM
not_a_contessa(z5b S Central PA mtns.)

Hi Vera, I know just how you feel! I had to have a lung biopsy in the fall, and when I met the doctor I told him I was praying to every major and minor god known to man! I really didn't know what to expect.

I was amazed at his good work, I never even felt the needle, and he got his tissue sample on the first try. I thanked him for making it so easy for me.

Hopefully, you will have an easy time of it too, and I hope you get good news as a result. I'll be sending prayers your way.

Mary

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 12:11PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

Vera, Be sure to keep us posted. Hoping it wasn't too unpleasant and that the results are good.

Karen

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 2:46PM
beckilove

Vera,
I am praying that everything went okay for you today! Let us know! Hugs to you!
Rebecca

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 5:39PM
vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)

Everything went smooth as silk! The only time I felt any pain was when I was being injected with the lanacain. I got to watch the procedure from the ultrasound and he took 3 samples of tissue. It really was pretty cool watching that needle go it and then another one was inserted thru the first which shot like a dart into the growth and back out! Those are called core samples. He really was a good doctor and apparently he is no.1 in the Breast Evalution division. I should be expecting lab results no later than Monday. He thinks it looked like nothing but given my family history that wanted to confirm it.
The lanacain lasted no longer than 15 minutes from the time we left and boy then did I ever feel the pain!! Wowie!! Shame on me, but I called upon my good neighbor who hooked me up with a couple Vicadan; I felt no pain :O I kicked back with my Mother Earth News and their extra special edition that was waiting for me and didn't move and inch LOL!
This morning I'm feeling pretty good...hardly no pain that an ibuprofen can't handle :D

Thanks for the prayers,

Vera

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 11:28AM
bonnys

Thinking of you, Vera and sending prayers your way that the results come back as good news and nothing to worry about. Take it easy.
Hugs,
Bonny

Bookmark   June 1, 2007 at 7:30AM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

Glad to hear, Vera. Hoping for good results for you.

Karen

Bookmark   June 1, 2007 at 9:05AM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Wheww....good for you. My thougts are with you.

Bookmark   June 1, 2007 at 9:36PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

Vera: Did you get your test results?

Karen

Bookmark   June 5, 2007 at 7:56AM
phyl345(z.5)

vera ... usually *no news is good news* ... but, i suspect there are many, many of us who are checking here constantly waiting for your post .... from phyl, who is missing you ...........

Bookmark   June 5, 2007 at 12:14PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Vera.
Bobbie

Bookmark   June 7, 2007 at 4:43AM
neonposey(z7 NC)

Vera: I just saw this post and wanted to let you know I was thinking about you. Please let us know how you are doing.

Bookmark   June 8, 2007 at 6:47AM
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

I just read this today Vera. I hope the test results have eased your mind, and that you are healthy and happy,

girlgroupgirl

Bookmark   June 12, 2007 at 9:32PM
littleonefb

Vera, I just saw this post today. Hope all is well and we will hear from you soon.

Fran

Bookmark   June 13, 2007 at 5:48PM
plays_in_dirt_dirt(Z7A VA bordering NC state line)

Hi, Vera ... I just saw your post this morning. I hope all is well and that you'll keep us posted.

Bookmark   June 14, 2007 at 7:30AM
susan926

Hi Vera,

Hope you have good news to report- I also just saw this post now. Vera our thoughts are with you, hope all is well....SUSAN

Bookmark   June 18, 2007 at 5:08PM
lblack61(z5 NY)

I missed all this too...I can start the delayed praying action now.

L

Bookmark   June 25, 2007 at 11:08PM
ccoupkir(z5 Il)

Hi Vera,

We've all been praying for you. Have you gotten the results yet?

Bookmark   June 26, 2007 at 10:16AM
carrie630(z7bNC)

vera - I never go to the conversations and then I found this thread! Are you okay??? I guess since it's been since May and you've been happily posting on the forums, you must be....

Carrie

Bookmark   July 7, 2007 at 11:35PM
vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)

Hi Carrie!! Oh sheesh...forgot to update! I'm just okie dokie. It was nothing but a fibroid...good grief huh?

Thanks for asking :D

Vera

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 10:26AM
bonnys

HOORAY!!!!! I'm so glad to read this great news, Vera. Sending hugs of happiness your way. And to you too Carrie for reminding her to let us know.
Happy day everyone.
Bonny

Bookmark   July 8, 2007 at 2:22PM
mnwsgal 4 MN(4)

Glad to read your good news, Vera. Joy and hugs all around!
Bobbie

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 3:06AM
vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)

...and who said you couldn't find "real" friends on the internet? They haven't been to the wintersow forum LOL!

Luv back at'cha :D

Vera

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 11:54AM
solana(z5a NH)

I'm so glad! Had been off the boards for a while when I found this thread, was reluctant to chime in in case the news was less than great. I've been through this 3 times, so know it's often nothing, but the resulting bruises aren't very pretty, eh? Happy day!

Ana

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 4:04PM
More Discussions
Something to pull in more newbies :-)
Front yard in June: Vera, I finally found a pic of...
pitimpinai
Newbie question. Would this work?
I have a really large clear plastic bag that I could...
christacharlene
Winter Sown Peppers (Tomatos)
I tried winter sowing last year for the first time...
midmented
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
Question about cold treatment?
It's late to put some seed out that needs a longer...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™