Mosquito repellant?

PVickJune 5, 2008

Someone on the forum asked last year about ideas for repelling mosquitoes - can't remember who.

I got the following in an email and figured I'd pass it along; I have no idea if this works or not - don't even know if it's a true story - but ....

New Use For Listerine

I was at a deck party awhile back, and the mosquitoes were having a ball biting everyone. A man at the party sprayed the lawn and deck floor with Listerine, and the little demons disappeared.

The next year I filled a 4-ounce spray bottle and used it around my seat whenever I saw mosquitoes. And voila! That worked as well. It worked at a picnic where we sprayed the area around the food table, the children's swing area, and the standing water nearby.

I tried this on my deck and around all of my doors. It works! In fact, it killed them instantly. I bought my bottle from Target and it cost me $1.89. It really doesn't take much, and it is a big bottle, too; so it is not as expensive to use as the can of spray you buy that doesn't last 30 minutes.

So, try this, please. It will last a couple of days. Don't spray directly on a wood door (like your front door), but spray around the frame. Spray around the window frames, and even inside the dog house. During the summer, I don't leave home without it.....

Pass it on.....all your friends will appreciate the information.

PV

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ramazz(8a VA)

I got this e-mail, too. I bought some Listerine, but haven't tried it. The bottle I bought is not the original kind, so I hope the "flavored" will work. I need to get a spray bottle and load it up.

Becky

Bookmark   June 5, 2008 at 10:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
medontdo(8)

use the original!! the flavored like the orange we bought don't work as well. but when i used the original it worked like a charm!! little beast were dead!! WOOO HOOO!!! ~Medo

Bookmark   October 11, 2008 at 12:14AM
More Discussions
Winter sowing in cold frame?
Has anyone used a cold frame for winter sowing?
lmconne
Can I winter sow Salvia 'Clary Mix'? Or do I need a greenhouse?
Does anyone have any experience wintersowing this species?...
ladyrose65
seeds already started?
I've started several seeds in paper cups and put in...
sorie6
First Time WS... Snapdragons, lunaria, cleome... Help?
So this is my first year WSing. I planted some perennial...
david883
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™