Gift of Green Bean

bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)July 5, 2008

Here's a wierd story. Last night after we got back from the fireworks, I was settled in bed reading when I heard Maggie squawk. She's a six year old 10 pound medium hair blue and white I adopted from Cat Welfare and she is the love of my life.

Normally when she mews like that with a mouthful, it is a baby rabbit that she shoves through the cat door and then gently brings to me while the rabbit is screaming. The rabbit is unharmed with just a little cat spit on the back of its neck. I was expecting the worst.

She brought me a green bean. It was an immature bean, still not ripe enough to harvest. It looked like something from a neighbor's garden. She has never brought me vegetables before. Nipper brought me a piece of fried chicken, but other than that, it's mousies, chipmunks, rabbits etc. I told her she was a good girl. After a while, she took the bean and went somewhere else, probably to give it to my 16 year old daughter. Oh yeah, Kelly tells me it's on her nightstand.

A GREEN BEAN?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PVick(6b NYC)

Maybe she's trying to tell you to grow FOOD!

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 4:05PM
proudgm_03(6 MO)

How cute! I would much rather have a green bean! One night a cat we used to have snuck in the door with a baby rabbit when my husband went out to go to work. I was awakened by its scream. Talk about freaking out! I found her under my desk with it. It didn't make it. I love cats but that's one of the reasons that I won't get another one. They can't fight their instincts to hunt and I really like my birds and rabbits. I can't imagine having a cat door and having them bring whatever they catch into the house! I can picture one bringing a snake in and placing it on my bed saying, "Look at me mom! Aren't you proud?"

Bookmark   July 7, 2008 at 5:42AM
not_a_contessa(z5b S Central PA mtns.)

She's decided to become a vegetarian?

She's "going green"?

She's been seeing a PETA person behind your back?

Too cute!

Mary

Bookmark   July 8, 2008 at 9:30PM
lblack61(z5 NY)

LOL!!!!
That's funny!
Cats are such a trip.
(Oh I hate when the baby rabbit seasons arrive. It's all I can do not to cry. Sometimes, I wind up chasing the rabbit around the house trying to get to it before one of the animals do. Between four cats and a dog, that's really a chore!)
--maybe that greenbean is special? maybe there's special seeds inside it she knows her mamma might like... :-)

Linda

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 1:06PM
More Discussions
Newbie question. Would this work?
I have a really large clear plastic bag that I could...
christacharlene
Brrrrr! Pretty cold out there, too cold?
I just started winter sowing and have my first containers...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
I may have overdone things a bit...
So... I split out my 1 gallon pot of Di Ciccio broccoli...
pugetsoundgardener
Winter Sowing Dahlia Seeds?
Does anyone WS Dahlia seeds? How do they work out for...
Matthew Condon - Indiana.Matt - IN, Zone 5/6
Has Anyone Wintersowed Burnet?
Love the tall, wispy flowers like Tall Verbena and...
lizbest1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™