Newbie Seed Update/Excel Help!

bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)August 27, 2006

I did a quick check this morning and so far, 328 packs of seed have gone out to 20 newbies. I am expecting about 8 more envelopes this week and there is plenty of seed to go around!

Goal = 1,000 packs.

I the meantime, I am tracking this on an Excel spreadsheet. It keeps me organized, keeps the pack count current, and tells me which states my seeds are headed for. I hope to have a nice little report at the end of this project (no personal information revealed of course).

In the meantime, how do I do the sum function at the bottom of the column where I insert how many seeds I send out? I can't remember. I used to know.

Anyone? Where are our computer wizzes?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrsgalihad(5 CO)

You should have a sum button. The symbol on it is a sigma (looks sort of like an E but not quite). Highlight the block where you want the sum to be, click that button, highlight the column you are summing and hit enter.

Bookmark   August 27, 2006 at 6:54PM
limequilla

I always wondered how to do that! I have only been able to use Excel as a database because I never knew how to add columns. Thanks! Ya never know what you'll learn on Garden Web.

Oh, and thanks, Bakemom, I was the recipient of one of your newbie packets!

Lime

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 8:49AM
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

It worked! Thanks so much. And, it's a function too, so I can plug in numbers for a running total! Wow!

Now, what are those little green triangles in the upper left hand corner of my cells?

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 1:02PM
mrsgalihad(5 CO)

I've gotten those when copy/pasting from Access to Excel. It seems to mean that Excel doesn't think those are numbers.

Bookmark   August 30, 2006 at 4:22PM
More Discussions
Is it too late to sow these….
Just starting winter sowing this week. Would love...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Question about cold treatment?
It's late to put some seed out that needs a longer...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
to late
Is it to late in zone 6 to winter sow?? I went crazy...
sorie6
Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #2:
Game of Zone 2014-2015 Link:This is the continuation...
ladyrose65
Has Anyone Wintersowed Burnet?
Love the tall, wispy flowers like Tall Verbena and...
lizbest1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™