Does anyone know what fungus this is? and will it harm my vegetables if i use these wood chips as mulch? Thanks!
Aw, how cute! We call that "dog barf" fungus around here. Absolutely harmless, might even be beneficial to your soil....
Yes. Some other patches could be called dog barf, lol. Thanks!
Google Dog Vomit Fungus and Slime Mold. They are not harmful, it's just the wood breaking down - the first step of that process is generally fungal and not bacterial. Most fungi are not harmful to the garden and actually provide a lot of benefits. Toss it in the composter if it's in the way.
That is what we know as a "Slime Mold" although today we know they are not fungi. Harmless although kind of disgusting to look at. A spray from the garden hose will wash it away although if conditions are right they may reappear.
Here is a link that might be useful: slime molds