Can I Winter Sow Brugmansia ?

want2plantNovember 12, 2005

Can Brugmansia seeds be winter sow ? This is one plant that I am dying to raise next year :)

Ann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rainfaerie(SF Bay Area 9)

Hi, Ann, I'll bet you'd get a lot more responses if you posted this same question on the 'Discussions' side of this forum ;^ ). Besides, I'm interested to know, too. I've got some white Bush Moon Flower (datura?) seeds I want to WS. Good luck with the brugs!
Rain

Bookmark   November 18, 2005 at 10:48AM
want2plant

Thank you Rain for your reply :)
Your idea might work . lol I really didn't know where to ask this question . I did ask a question or two over on the brugmansia forum several weeks ago and everyone but one kind person told me to go and read the FAQ's or what ever its called. I am about afraid to ask too many questions anywhere else. lol

Bookmark   November 18, 2005 at 7:02PM
kywildcat2(z6 KY)

Ann,
Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions on the WS forum...you'll always get helpful, friendly responses here! There is lots of great info in the FAQ's section...I printed it out to use as a guide for my first attempt at WSing last year.

I had great germination with all the WS Daturas, but didn't sow Brugs. I'd think they'd do well also...I'm WSing them this year too. The white 'Belle Blanche' Dats were the first to germinate. The doubles and colored ones sprouted much later. Good luck! : )

Bookmark   December 4, 2005 at 8:21AM
want2plant

Thanks KyWildcat2 for your reply .
The white Bella Blanche' sound very pretty . I won a bid on Ebay for 4 rooted Brugs , they was shipped today ( I think ) I can't wait to get them , I want to give them tender loving care this winter .
I have really been studing the FAQ's , trying to soak all of the info into this silly mind of mind. Also been reading alot of the Winter Sowing forums .
Can't wait to get started :)
Thanks for your reply .
Ann

Bookmark   December 5, 2005 at 9:11PM
More Discussions
Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #2:
Game of Zone 2014-2015 Link:This is the continuation...
ladyrose65
Something to pull in more newbies :-)
Front yard in June: Vera, I finally found a pic of...
pitimpinai
Has Anyone Wintersowed Burnet?
Love the tall, wispy flowers like Tall Verbena and...
lizbest1
Can I winter sow Salvia 'Clary Mix'? Or do I need a greenhouse?
Does anyone have any experience wintersowing this species?...
ladyrose65
Where did everyone go?
I know lots of folks are on the FB WS group but where...
indianaplantlover
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™