WOW... That Felt Good!!

vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)December 9, 2006

Just on a whim I decided to go see what was knew on our Spokane FreeCycle. I proceeded to post a wanted: "Bamboo Stakes or Equivilant" for the garden and then Holiday spirit hit me!

I went back and posted "Offer: Seeds 4 Two People". Within 1 hour I had several email replies...I randomly selected 2 and have hooked them up! Both were moving into new homes and wanting to start new gardens. Then this morning I read another email and couldn't help but help this lady out too as she told me her previous garden was destroyed...no way could I tell her no! We all know how that can/could feel.

It felt really good to share the seed within my own community and make some local garden friends in the process!! Also didn't hesitate to tell them about GardenWeb and us of course LOL!!

You should try it :D

BTW...I did get a reply to the stakes I was looking for. They didn't have bamboo stakes but will be picking up the regular green stakes and the tomato cages they offered as well!!!

Happy Holidays!

Vera

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
albertar(z7 LINY)

Vera
What a great idea, I never thought about offeing my extra seeds on freecycle, but will definitly keep it in mind now.
Happy Holidays back at you.
Alberta

Bookmark   December 9, 2006 at 3:38PM
More Discussions
Newbie question. Would this work?
I have a really large clear plastic bag that I could...
christacharlene
Containers for winter sowing.
I have some clear plastic shoe boxes but they have...
hibiscusfan zone5-Northwest Ohio
I may have overdone things a bit...
So... I split out my 1 gallon pot of Di Ciccio broccoli...
pugetsoundgardener
easiest annuals to winter sow
so i have all my perennials out, and i'm beginning...
gardendaydreamer
Brrrrr! Pretty cold out there, too cold?
I just started winter sowing and have my first containers...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™