Mystery read favorites in 2008

carmen_grower_2007(4/5)December 10, 2008

My current favorite authors are: Harlan Coben, Iris Johansen, and especially David Baldacci.

Recently read the third of the trilogy by Nora Roberts: The Pagen Stone. Very disappointing -- could have made the whole trilogy into one book.

When I read one boring book by any author, I tend not to take any more chances -- Patricia Cornwall is one.

Andrew Gross and Robert Crais are current excellent ones for me also. (I go through two books a week and don't have a library near by so would like to know what books to stay away from.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bakemom_gw(z6 Central Ohio)

I gave up on Patricia Cornwell. BUT, I still love Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovich.

Bookmark   December 11, 2008 at 4:10PM
nikkineel(GA 8/7b)

Anyone read any of Karin Slaughter's books? Warning: they can be pretty gruesome, the content gets deep sometimes. She's actually my cousin, although we have lost touch. They do keep you interested, with lots of twists and turns. Nikki

Bookmark   December 12, 2008 at 11:48PM
albertar(z7 LINY)

Although I haven't read anything in a few years by Patricia Cornwall, I never found her boring. I loved the roles of her main character, her boyfriend, the neice, and of course the cop that was the sidekick. One of my favorites though is James Patterson, and all the Alex Cross series. I have everything that was ever written by Agatha Christie too. I used to belong to the book club, and Sue Grafton was a favorite also, don't know what letter of the alphabet she is up to at this point though, LOL
Alberta

Bookmark   December 13, 2008 at 8:30AM
dirtbert(z4)

I found an old used book once by Mary Robert Reinhart and loved it. They are classical, sleuth-type mystery books and she wrote a lot of them.
You can find them at used book stores or on amazon (used books).
Another author you might want to give a try :)

Bookmark   December 21, 2008 at 12:18AM
moonphase(z7 Ga)

I am so disapointed that Patricia cornwell is on the dislike list.I love her scarpetta series the gross murder mysteries.Her others are dorky but keep waiting for the next scarpetta to come out.I am on the 3rd triolgy of Sara Douglass the crucible series and have really enjoyed them all.I read every night-sometimes all night long.
moonphase

Bookmark   December 26, 2008 at 9:24PM
carmen_grower_2007(4/5)

The only Sue Grafton book I read was 'P is for Peril'. It was a great read until the end --- THERE WASN'T ONE!!! Very disappointing and I will never buy another book of hers. As far as Cornwell goes, I'm sure she writes lots of good books, but again, once I read a disappointing one, I never give that author another chance. There are so many authors I haven't tried yet take a chance on one I didn't care for even if it was only one book.

Just finished the latest David Baldacci 'Divine Justice'. It is another of the Camel Club series and was excellent.

Bookmark   December 27, 2008 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
When to sow annuals?
Do you think it is a valid rule of thumb to use the...
smdmt
Winter sowing in cold frame?
Has anyone used a cold frame for winter sowing?
lmconne
First Time WS... Snapdragons, lunaria, cleome... Help?
So this is my first year WSing. I planted some perennial...
david883
Brrrrr! Pretty cold out there, too cold?
I just started winter sowing and have my first containers...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Milk Cartons (not plastic jugs)
Can I use milk cartons for winter sowing or is the...
luigiwu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™