Riding lawn Mower advice

cheers12054(5)June 6, 2013

Hello, I hope someone can help me with this question/problem. My husband is getting older and is wanting to find a reliable used riding lawn mower. The thing is he is a very large man...6'7 and 325 lbs. We are wondering if there is any weight restrictions an any of the smaller ones like a 10 hp 30 inch mower, Lawn Pony or the Dixon ZTR3303. Our yard doesn't have slopes but is quite uneven. Thanks, Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justalurker

Donna,

Your husband is big enough that he should be able to make some one else mow the lawn for him.

The specs I've seen mention towing limitations as half the weight of the tractor but I can't recall seeing a driver weight limit.

I would contact the manufacturer directly with the driver weight question and if they can't give you a definitive answer move on to another brand.

Try to shop locally with a full service authorized dealer and make them bring the model you're considering to the house for your husband to test drive. He might not even be able to fit on quite a few and that would be a quick answer.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 12:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cheers12054(5)

LOL yes he is big enough to make anyone do as he wishes but he doesn't like to THROW his weight around... ;)
Thanks for the advice we'll check with manufacturers.

Bookmark   June 7, 2013 at 4:43PM
More Discussions
John Deere 445 EFI wet plugs
Tractor won't start until you remove both spark plugs and...
stone75
Tractor starter-wrong rotation.
As I have been known locally as a lawn tractor fixer,...
rustyj14
Craftsman FS 5500 clutch issue.
With the engine running, when attempting to drive forward...
mrgizmos
Tuff Torq K46 Tranny
I've been reading many of the posts on this site and...
tuco
old mtd lawnflite chain drive?
Hey I just bought and old riding mower and lo and bohold...
mtdlawnflite
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™