I think this is Julia Child!

sara_ann-z6bokMay 14, 2014

I had one of those moments today! This rose I've had since 2011 just started blooming, it's one of those NOID roses. It bloomed good last year, but to me it was just a yellow floribunda that was a good bloomer, but the blooms didn't impress me that much. These blooms look totally different and I think it might be Julia Child. I ordered it from Pickering in 2011 and had tried to find the old emails, but they are long gone. I can't believe I forgot I ordered a Julia Child! Is that what it looks like it could be?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

It's a very good possibility.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 9:16PM
roseseek

It certainly appears to be Julia to me. I hope it's as great a rose plant there as it is here. My only two complaints are the short life of the individual flowers and how thorny that puppy is! It bites me every time. Otherwise, a marvelous garden and landscape mound of color. Kim

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 9:36PM
RabbitRabbit(9 CA)

Yup, sure looks like Julia Child to me as well! Mine has a nice fragrance, with slight licorice notes. Blooms don't last that long and have very short stems, but are very pretty. Good luck - hope she blooms well for you! :)

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 12:29AM
sara_ann-z6bok

Thank you. Now I have 3 Julia Childs! The newly planted ones haven't bloomed yet, but have quite a few buds, when they bloom I'll know for sure, but I'm fairly certain this one is, especially after your help.

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 7:38AM
More Discussions
I love my Belinda's Dream Roses!
Belinda's Dream is proving to be such a good rose for...
sara_ann-z6bok
Fortuniana grafted roses
If you can grow rose's that are grafted onto fortuniana...
Ken (N.E.GA.mts) 7a/b
Anyone grow Delbard roses (like Dames de Chenonceau)?
I've been told that the Delbards are a lot like Austins....
gardenerzone4
What rose is this?!?
First photo is what I'm looking for answers to. I thought...
Selah Kleaning
Climbing, spreading, purple roses?
Although I don't consider myself a rose aficionado,...
ilovegardening
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™