2014 Craftsman G5500

stevin(6)July 14, 2014

Does anyone have any comments, reviews and/or experience with the new 2014 Craftsman G5500 garden tractor? is it worth thee $2850? Hows the TurnTight feature working out? Cut quality? Reliability?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
exmar

FWIW, I just bought the Craftsman Pro 98645, 26 HP Kohler, Hydro Gear trans. You might look at a "local" Sears store to see them as opposed to the big Sears. I paid $2700 "out the door." Got 5% for taking out a Sears card, but I think you also get that if you already have one? I've attached a link to that series.

From the limited reading I've done, it seems that the local Sears stores are branching out and offering different things than the big Sears stores. However, they can get and price match what the big stores offer.

The Sears service fleet services all the above. Gotta love Sears, someone drives up, fixes your gas grill, washing machine and rebuilds the engine on your riding mower. :-)

I won't have it till the 24th. They only have a floor model, and with mine said they had 4 coming in that day. Small town, that many people buying them?

Good luck,

Ev

Here is a link that might be useful: Craftsman Pro Series

Bookmark   July 14, 2014 at 9:55PM
stevin(6)

I'll have to check that out! does the Pro Series garden Tractors accept the scoop bucket and the snow thrower?

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 2:02PM
exmar

Dunno? I got the three bin bagger, also wanted the mulching kit, but was told that would be available "later."

Bookmark   July 16, 2014 at 2:39PM
More Discussions
JD 30inch mechanical tiller VS. 42 inch hydraulic tiller ??
I have read and posted different threads on these two...
cjsm5nys
Dead cylinder
So I have a Briggs & Stratton Engine model number:...
RebornGreen
transmission clean and do not overwork
I have a Dumb question about that phrase. Exactly what...
krnuttle
Just throwing this out there...
Been thinking of starting a Facebook page on small...
snuffyinatl
Ford 1210 hydrostatic clattering when engaged
Is it possible someone is up on this subject here?...
jaceymae
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™