Tilling with a BCS 720

tillingutah(5)July 17, 2014

I just purchased a BSC 720 and I tried it out and it did ok but I wasn't very impressed with its tilling abilities so I looked at the tines and a couple were flopping around because of missing bolts, and about half of them were wore down to little stubs. After I installed a new set of tines I saw the true power of the BSC tiller. But now I am having another issue. I am used to a counter rotating Husqvarna tiller that would just slowly move forward as it digs down. This forward rotating tine BSC seems to grab in and and the tines propel the tiller forward extremely fast at times. I am having difficulty being able to till anything smoothly and evenly because of this. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Any tips would be appreciated.

Also a couple other things I am wondering about is the shifting gears and putting it in reverse. The gear shifter is very stiff along with the reverse lever are very stiff and hard to move. Is that pretty normal or is there somewhere I can lube it up to make them move easier? I tried wd40 on the shifter but I just got caked with dirt after I tilled for a minute. Thanks for any comments.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rcbe(6)

d/l, read manual.

Here is a link that might be useful: bcs 720 manual

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 1:12PM
jimmy56_gw

That's one of the best if not the best tiller there is, Hope you get everything working ok!

Bookmark   July 17, 2014 at 9:02PM
tillingutah(5)

How do you download it? I went in a signed up for the sisplay free trial but when i search for it, it only brings up books, movies, games etc.
I already looked on the BCS website but those downloads are not even legible.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 10:14AM
tillingutah(5)

nevermind, I emailed the support at BCS and they sent me a very good copy of the PDF.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 1:56PM
farmerdill

Forward rotating tillers do tend to walk on the tines in hard or rocky ground. If you do a series of shallow cuts, you should be ok. They are better at tilling under debris.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 7:41PM
More Discussions
Assistance
I can handle the new format for Houzz, but what really...
krnuttle
Yardman He4160 13AE414E643
Hi everybody my yardman he4160 was working properly...
Linde Braber
tow-behind spreaders
Hi Everyone, I am looking to start using a tow-behind...
fcarp63
Hydrostatic Drive Problems??
Craftsman 20.5 HP Kohler Command V twin Under the seat...
jthievin
John Deere Or Cub Cadet?
I'm going to buy a new lawn tractor this Spring and...
cbmullen
Sponsored Products
Funiculi Task Lamp - Marset
$310.00 | HORNE
Gronomics Modular Raised Garden Bed - 13H in. - MRGB 48-95-13
$219.99 | Hayneedle
New Traditional Hand Knotted Heriz Serapi 10'x14' Rust Red & Navy Wool Rug H3512
BH Sun Inc
Brownie Gifts Aqua Elephant Wet Bag - AELEWB
$29.99 | Hayneedle
New Traditional Hand Knotted Heriz Serapi 9x12 Red Oriental Wool Area Rug H3536
BH Sun Inc
Free-Pad New Heriz Serapi Hand Knotted Runner 2' 6" X 10' Rust Color Wool Rug H3
BH Sun Inc
Authentic Models Solar System Mobile
Classic Hostess
QualArc Edgewood Standard Lighted Address Plaque - LTS-1300-ORB
$129.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™