Can 'Peace' get big own root?

jerome(z9 CA)May 2, 2012

I have a lovely Peace from a friend's plant. Does this get big eventually own-root if given lots of TLC?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
seil zone 6b MI

I don't know how strong or vigorous Peace is own root but how old is your rooted cutting? Own root roses do take several years longer to mature than grafted ones. I'm pretty sure that Peace was one that was never even tried own root and went right to grafted from the get go judging from its intro date. I'm not sure if anyone knows how it does own root.

Another thing to consider is how old your friends Peace rose is. I've heard that the newer ones aren't any where near is good as the older ones because they've been cloned so many times.

Bookmark   May 2, 2012 at 10:00PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jerome(z9 CA)

My rooted cutting - well I can't really count it's chronological age because I first planted it in a horrible place where it kept getting eaten by rabbits. I put it in its current site 2 years ago maybe. My friend's plant is magnificent. Prettiest one I've ever seen, with softball sized flowers. I don't know how old it is, but it is obviously a happy 5-6' tall plant.

Bookmark   May 2, 2012 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Is "horticultural oil" just mineral oil?
I've been reading about it and am confused. I know...
nonconformist_nymphette
When to remove winter protection so it doesn't rot, basically?
After last year's killing Polar Vortex, this winter...
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
Roses and their offspring
I would like to learn more about roses that have reputations...
sara_ann-z6bok
To Pascali or not?
I'm contemplating planting a hedge of roses and my...
kublakan
Francis Meilland, suggestions on pruning and care?
I currently have him in a 15 gallon, he's at least...
msdorkgirl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™