The winner is

Zyperiris(Seattle)May 20, 2014

White gold. Here in the PNW..my first rose that opened is White gold!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jim1961 Zone 6a Central Pa.

Congrats goes out to you and White Gold..... :)

Bookmark   May 21, 2014 at 8:54AM
vasue(7A Charlottesville)

Not familiar with your rose, just looked it up & thank you! Right up my alley - healthy, fragrant, floriferous, hips - in the antique white blend I'm seeking. And first to bloom - White Gold sounds like an all-around winner!

Which prompts me to ask - what's the fragrance like and where did you find yours?

Here Golden Celebration opened his highest bud Monday in a close race with Easy Does It, who lagged by a day. These events rate a calendar entry. (First hummingbird spotted last Thursday kissing dianthus Rose de Mai.)

Deeply appreciate the reappearance of these wonders after long absence. On high alert in anticipation of old & new friends to come, find myself caught up in the dance as rose season begins. Feels like safe harbor after rough weather. May the rejoicing continue in all its glory!

Bookmark   May 21, 2014 at 10:03AM
charleney(8a PNW)

Blooming here is...Pat Austin, Cordelia, Leonardo Da Vinci, Memorial Day, and super happy dooper, is Butterscotch CL. (I saved it from the excavation!).. I came home and they had thrown in bareroot on a hot day out on the lawn. I almost cried..But 2 yr later, it is climing and blooming! Yippee. Reine D Violette, is almost there too.
Thank you for the posts!

Bookmark   May 21, 2014 at 2:58PM
vasue(7A Charlottesville)

Five in a photo-finish - lucky you! Enjoyed the same in previous Springs, basking in abundance. After last Winter, thrilled, relieved & grateful that roses are coming into bloom after all. Leaving contractors home alone can be risky. Hats off to you & Butterscotch Climbing for coming through with honors!

Bookmark   May 21, 2014 at 5:20PM
seil zone 6b MI

Congratulations! It's exciting to get that first bloom. Nothing even close here except the Tiffany I just bought from the nursery, lol. It's still mine now though!

Bookmark   May 21, 2014 at 6:12PM
Zyperiris(Seattle)

Oh I would love to see a photo of your Butterscotch climber..

I got White Gold from one of a few places, Roses Unlimited, Palantine, or Pickering..can't remember.

Bookmark   May 22, 2014 at 1:04AM
charleney(8a PNW)

zyperiris seems like our weather runs about the same. I will go out in a few min, and see if I can crawl up next to house to get photo. How I love that ol' Butterscotch.

Bookmark   May 22, 2014 at 9:08PM
charleney(8a PNW)

I am having a heck of a time getting the pics of Butterscotch online, and the old old Peace rose too. Took pics last nite and they look good. I have a great little camera. But, when I get frustrated , I had to quit trying.

Bookmark   May 23, 2014 at 11:02PM
More Discussions
Help me choose a climbing rose please?
Here is my order..lol - I need a rose that is light...
gardenbug
Heirloom roses website
Hi, I've been trying to order roses from the Heirloom...
bellarosa
Pruning vigorous HTS in soCal
Hi, Usually a 'lurker' on the forum. I am a gardener...
raingreen
Since this Forum is starting over again
I have an idea, lets post or locations and our Zones....
dan_keil_cr Keil
Help finding a miniature rose
So far I have decided to try Green Ice from Chamblees....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™