My new improved WS set-up
This was the original set-up. Lots of individual jugs with individual tops & baggies, that had to be opened and closed inividually every time the weather fluctuated between 20 degrees and 70 degrees, which was almost daily around here. Lots of work !!
The new improved set-up. I took all the tops off, and put just the bottoms (milk jugs, etc) in plastic storage containers that had holes drilled in the bottoms & tops.
As sprouts emerged, the jugs were moved to a storage container with no top. I put a piece of lattice over the top to keep the birds out and protect them a bit from too much sun or wind.
Overflow seedlings went into this garden cart covered with lattice, but I watched from my kitchen with the binoculars as sparrows jumped down through the lattice to disturb my jugs, and hop back out. Bad birds !!
Thanks for looking !