A few pics

northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)June 28, 2007

Hello everyone, I have finally got a digital camera and have gone through the process of getting the pics. on my PC. I know nothing about photography, and am a new WS'er so wanted you to see what I've been doing:

These petunias were WS this winter using seeds I collected from a bought flat last summer:

a href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

Rose campion (Lychnis) WinterSown 2006 using seeds from a neighbour:

a href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

This is harebell Wintersown 2005 using seeds I bought in Alaska:

This is a WS 2006 Surprise - Mis-labelled seed exchange packet was supposed to be Geum Mrs. Bradshaw:

Another white WS 2006 Petunia: "you don't have to be big and bold to be beautiful":

My first poppy - still trying to ID it:

Northerner.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amare_al_giardino(5 KS)

Northerner,
I really enjoyed looking at your flowers.
They are just beautiful. Congrats on your WS success!
I will be WS for the first time this coming season and I can hardly wait. I've been stock-piling supplies, info., seeds, etc. Such fun to do all the planning.
I had a duh! moment when you said you collected seed from the plants you bought last year. I never thought of doing that before! Going to have to give it a try this year.

Welcome!
Stephanie

Bookmark   June 28, 2007 at 2:39PM
pitimpinai(z6 Chicago)

Yes, very pretty. They look happy. The colors are gorgeous. The poppy is a beaut. WS is really fun, isn't it?
Steph, keep on reading and checking the forum. You'll have a great time this winter. Watch out for seed offers too, so you don't have to buy.

Bookmark   June 28, 2007 at 6:11PM
PVick(6b NYC)

All so pretty! That poppy especially .... you've done wonderfully, newbie or not!

Stephanie, you're gonna start eying every plant you see and figuring out how you can get the seeds!

PV

Bookmark   June 28, 2007 at 8:50PM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

You've done a good job with the photos. Very pretty blooms! I had a poppy once that resembled that last one and it was called Tangerine I believe..not sure if I am forgetting part of the name. I think I got a plug of it from Green Mountain Transplants and maybe they still offer it on their site? No photos there though.

Thanks for posting. :-)
pm2

Bookmark   July 9, 2007 at 7:41AM
northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments. It seems all the hard work is paying off. I am enjoying winter sowing and I feel so fortunate that I 'fell' on Trudi's article while surfing the net. It has changed my life. I sowed more than 70 containers this winter - mostly perennials - so I should have some great pics. next summer.Have a wonderful summer.
Northerner.

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 4:46AM
trudi_d

Very pretty...I love the poppy. Maybe it's a double form of Iceland Poppies. I can imagine sitting at your table having a glass of wine with the johhny jump up centerpiece ;-)

Bookmark   July 10, 2007 at 7:44AM
northerner_on(Z5A ONCanada)

Hi Trudi:
You can imagine having the glass of wine and that's about all I can do , too. We're having horrible weather, very cool and very wet recently - the thunder storms have virtually destroyed my little centre piece!! I'll keep hoping!

Bookmark   July 12, 2007 at 2:55AM
More Discussions
Milk Cartons (not plastic jugs)
Can I use milk cartons for winter sowing or is the...
luigiwu
Newbie question. Would this work?
I have a really large clear plastic bag that I could...
christacharlene
Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #2:
Game of Zone 2014-2015 Link:This is the continuation...
ladyrose65
Help please - I need a photo of milk jugs in snow
Hi everyone, I work for a non-profit organization and...
diggerdee zone 6 CT
First Time WS... Snapdragons, lunaria, cleome... Help?
So this is my first year WSing. I planted some perennial...
david883
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™