More WS blooms

littleonefb(zone 5, MA)July 17, 2007

Monkey flower

2 different colored painted daisy

morning glory, not sure which one, was supposed to be red picotee, but it sure is pretty anyways

morning glory Emma's Gift. original seeds from Emmagrace.

morning glory Joyce Cobb, it blooms 2 different types of flowers colors. This one was taken just after the rabbit took it's snack.

Morning glory Joyce Cobb, the other type of flower color, both are blooming on the same vine stem.

marigold bolero, love the fact that the flower bloom is a little different in many of them. got to get these last 2 in the ground.

snowpea snowbird growing in 10 inch pots. A Burpee exclusive. supposed to grow as a bush and be about 16 inches tall. Not growing as a bush, but our weather has been going from a few days really hot and humid, then cool again, so they are still going strong. producing 5-8 pods on each plant every other day. perfect for salads, just what I wanted.

And I couldn't resist this tropical hibiscus. Local nursery has their annual 50% off sale, but this one was marked down even more. Was originally $29.99 but was marked down to $7.50. Comes with a nice clay look pot too.

Hopefully it will survive the winter indoors this year. Last years made it till February, so maybe this year will Make it all the way to outside.

Tropical Hibiscus Mandarin Wind

Fran

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)

Looked at both posts. Everything is lookin' pretty good! Really like the painted daisy and monkey flower :D

Vera

Bookmark   July 18, 2007 at 10:19PM
prairiemoon2 z6 MA

Things are blooming at your house for sure. That monkey flower has a very attractive flower on it. I have seen that grown in a hanging container planted together with a hanging nasturtium. It was spectacular.

The painted daisy...I am sure you meant painted tongue. :-)

Nice find on the Hibiscus! They get really large too!

Well, Fran, things are certainly looking up in comparison to last year, aren't they? So glad you have a working camera too that you can share your photos with the rest of us.

:-)
pm2

Bookmark   July 19, 2007 at 5:34AM
bonnys

I enjoyed both your picture posts Fran. You must be so pleased with your results. My "red" morning glories are blooming pink too. They are pretty anyway, aren't they?
Thanks for sharing your success with us.
Bonny

Bookmark   July 19, 2007 at 7:04AM
littleonefb(zone 5, MA)

PM2,
You're right, painted tongue not painted daisy. Oops.

Things sure are different this year, I got all the plants in myself. That's a change, bending, twisting, turning, and no horrible back pain or leg pain too.

Waiting for the 4 o'clocks from your seeds to bloom.

Monkey flowers are really a neat little plant. Have them in 3 different colors now, packets say grow in shade and mine are in full sun.

It's so much fun to have daughter's old camera all the time, even if the colors aren't always the best with it.

Bonnie, still can't figure out the morning glory. Seeds are from my own plant and I didn't sow any with a flower that would look like this one. It is pretty though.

Fran

Bookmark   July 19, 2007 at 10:23AM
More Discussions
Official Winter Sowing Count Zone Wars 2014-2015 #1:
This is the first thread in the official Winter Sowing...
ladyrose65
Extreme cold predicted and my seeds have sprouted
I have WS cabbage sprouting here in Zone 7, but Sunday...
coffeehaus
Help with sedum sprouts.
I posted on the succulent forum, but got no help. I...
docmom_gw Zone 5 MI
The thrill of the sprout
Just checked my containers and have two types of lettuce...
caryltoo Z7/SE PA
Do you remember the 'red border' someone posted a few years ago?
I loved it and would love to try some amaranths. I...
thisbetty
Sponsored Products
Copper Bronze Patina Two-Light Wall Sconce
$85.00 | Bellacor
Irradiant Under Cabinet Lighting 32 in. LED White Under Cabinet Light LUC-32-WH
Home Depot
Justice Design Group FSN-8706 - Aero 6 Light Bath Bar - Square with Flat Rim - B
$550.00 | Hayneedle
Lola Bath Bar by LBL Lighting
$680.00 | Lumens
Chisel iPhone 4 Dock by iSkelter
$27.30 | Lumens
Slatted Styla 3 Drawer Nightstand - Brown Cherry - IDF-7984N
$319.99 | Hayneedle
Area Rug: Revive Life Style Collection Ivory Beige 7' 7" x 10' 5"
Home Depot
Garden Images Black 17-Inch Toss Pillow
$36.95 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for: