ws profusion zinnia

flowerchildkyAugust 29, 2006

in the top 3 of my fav w/s seeds-

profusion orange zinnia

this is year 2 for w/s these- this season, also added profusion cherry and profusion white

Linda

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drippy(7bAL)

I love profusion zinnias! Yours turned out very nice!

Bookmark   August 29, 2006 at 4:53PM
phyleux(Z6 WPA)

I ws some of the profusion seeds (white and orange) you sent me last year and I love them. They are blooming like crazy now. I also planted some cherry ones and they were great earlier and the summer but they are not doing as well now as the others.

Bookmark   September 4, 2006 at 10:07AM
vera_eastern_wa(5a-5b)

I think I need to try more orange around here LOL! They look terrific :)
I did the pink this year, all of them did great, including the ones I ended up digging up mid-season and moving...it was like they never skipped a beat! They hold their great pink color for an extreme amount of time, but when they do fade it looks pretty funky and yet they STILL don't drop their petals! New ones keep opening up though. Boy those spent flowers are still hanging on and they sure do take a LONG time to mature any seed!!!

Vera

Bookmark   September 7, 2006 at 10:30AM
motria(z6 Chicago)

For the uninitiated.. here's the cherry:

Bookmark   September 7, 2006 at 10:51PM
carrie630(z7bNC)

I love them too!

Carrie

Bookmark   September 8, 2006 at 1:00AM
fairydancer(z5 NY)

Carrie,

What is the purple flower surrounding the zinnia in the container? Beautiful combo.

I love the profusion zinnias. Last year I had the orange....collected my own seeds, but not germinated! I did get one cherry, and it's sweet!!

~Deb

Bookmark   September 16, 2006 at 6:00PM
carrie630(z7bNC)

Hi Deb - thanks - the purple flowers are scaevola and they are annuals. That picture was taken before I trimmed the scaevola - it looks so much better now that it is trimmed.

Note: The purple foliage in the bed behind the planter is overgrown perillo - I didn't have the heart to cut it back because it is so pretty, but looking way too big where I have it. Next year I am just doing the planters and nothing else.

Carrie

Bookmark   September 16, 2006 at 10:29PM
fairydancer(z5 NY)

Carrie,

Make sure you trim the perilla once it starts to set seed. My perilla took over my entire yard! Flower bed and lawn. Hubby keeps mowing them down, they keep popping up. I've been pulling them by handfuls out of my beds since early July! Good thing they are easy to pull. Just a warning.

(not to hijack the profusion zinnia thread....sorry)

Deb

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 5:07AM
carrie630(z7bNC)

Thanks, fairy. I actually purposely will let them go to seed, collect them and send them on to some friends in Florida, plus family will receive the rest. I don't have too much trouble with them reseeding where they are because of the heavy mulch/pine chips that are surrounding them. Thanks for the reminder, though - Carrie

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 2:27PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

motria: those cherry profusions look pink on my monitor. Are they red or pink?

Karen

Bookmark   September 18, 2006 at 10:57PM
motria(z6 Chicago)

Hi Karen - The cherries start out deep pink/magenta, fading to lighter pink. I have one that is poorly placed right in between two similar colored flowers - dianthus 'zing rose' and cosmos 'tetra trianon'.. they just blend into each other. :-(

Bookmark   September 19, 2006 at 7:12PM
kqcrna(z6 SW Oh)

Thanks, motria. I will have to look for some of those cherry seeds next year. I have a few orange and apricot ones but I really need more pink flowers. (Well, some would say that I don't need any more flowers or seeds at all :-)

Karen

Bookmark   September 20, 2006 at 5:22PM
More Discussions
Help please - I need a photo of milk jugs in snow
Hi everyone, I work for a non-profit organization and...
diggerdee zone 6 CT
Trying again after 10 years..
Hollyhocks, hibiscus, yarrow, delphinium, lychinis,...
CEFreeman_GW
Newbie question. Would this work?
I have a really large clear plastic bag that I could...
christacharlene
promix ultimate potting mix for winter sowing?
Is this kind suitable for winter sowing, since it contains...
pink_petals
Annuals
Can you wintersow, Tithonia and Salvia now? I have...
bellarosa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™