The beginning of the end ....

PVick(6b NYC)September 22, 2007

Summer is drawing to a close, and the garden is drawing its last breaths too ........

Take a look at my latest garden pics here: My 2007 Garden

PV

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardner-want-to-be

Hi,

I love looking at your pictures, they are beautiful. Where do you get your coleus seeds? I have bought some but they are mixed packages, so I don't know what they are. Most of your plants are in pots, aren't they. Do you fertilize them very much? I think I might need to do that more to my flowers, they didn't seem to be nearly as full.

Again, beautiful garden--hope someday to have that many flowers blooming at one time.

Jeane

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 12:30AM
PVick(6b NYC)

Thanks, Jeane.

ALL of my plants are in pots; the only gardening space I have is a 20'x6' terrace, 11 floors up. I fertilize usually once every 2-3 weeks or so; you have to, growing in pots.

I only grew one coleus from seed this year - from a 'Wizard' mix - a very pretty pink/green/cream color. That plant is in my office. I have grown the 'Exhibition Series' coleus before for the garden - 'Palisandra' and 'Limelight' (HUGE bedding plants) and various others - mostly the 'Carefree" or "Wizard' series. Most of my coleus seed have been bought from Parks Seeds.

The ones in my garden this year were purchased - I bought them from Rosy Dawn Garden. It's a terrific site - beautifully grown plants, good prices, and great customer service. And they always send a bonus plant with your order. I've been buying from them for several years now. They have so many beutiful coleus that you can't find seed for. About this time of year, I begin taking cuttings from the plants, to save them for next year.

Coleus really are gorgeous plants.

PV

Bookmark   September 23, 2007 at 7:58PM
msmisk(NTX8)

Your terrace is beautiful, PV. You've done a great job of keeping it colorful, and so healthy-looking. I really should fertilize my pots more. I always have good intentions, then time gets away from me.

Carol

Bookmark   September 24, 2007 at 12:58AM
barefoot_contessa(5a)

Thought I would give this a bump so Carol can enjoy a tour of your balcony gardens.
Just lovely!!!!!
Thank you for sharing!

Carrie

Bookmark   February 12, 2009 at 1:16PM
More Discussions
Help with sedum sprouts.
I posted on the succulent forum, but got no help. I...
docmom_gw Zone 5 MI
has anyone ws aubrieta?
Is it too late to ws aubrieta. I am in zone 5- Iowa....
maryjozone5
Extreme cold predicted and my seeds have sprouted
I have WS cabbage sprouting here in Zone 7, but Sunday...
coffeehaus
winter sowing a raised bed?
I am considering ws a raised bed in my backyard and...
maryjozone5
Is it too late?
Is it too late to do any WS? I figured I'd use moist...
ms_minnamouse
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™