John Deere L100 won't crank
I have a 10 year JD L100 with the 17.5hp B&S motor. Yesterday I shut it off and now I cannot get it to crank. Here is what I have tested:
- Tested all three safety switches (seat, PTO, and brake) all function correctly according to ohm meter.
- If I jump 12 volts to solenoid (Disconnect hot wire form ignition) it cranks, but does not start with key on.
- I then disconnected connector from back of ignition switch and put a jumper between Battery "B" and Magneto "M" and put 12 volts directly to solenoid, again cranked but would not start.
- With the ignition switch disconnected I tried to jump Battery "B" to starter/Solenoid "S" on the connector and it does not attempt to crank.
- Also the lights do not come on when the key is in the light position, if I jump 12 volts to the lights directly they work
- I connected the ignition connector back to the ignition switch and measured the voltage between the lights "L" and ground and it shows less than one volt when the switch is set to the Lights position.
I don't think it is the ignition switch since when I tried to jump around it through the connector it didn't work either.
At this point I am guessing a short somewhere. I am at a loss trying to find the short, is there anything I am missing?