ATV - With Dump Bucket

jennybog(zone 5)July 13, 2010

Hello we live on a small hobby farm. We would love a tractor but really cant afford to buy one right now. We saw that you can buy dump buckets for atv's. They get very good ratings. For us it would be great. we only need it for pushing manure and moving dirt and snow. Does anyone have a suggestion or advice? Help we are getting tired of shovel and wheelbarrow method

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
canguy(British Columbia)

How does the bucket work without hydraulics on the atv and how would it mount? Sounds like it would be very light duty.

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 8:50PM
rcbe(6)

OP - do mean something like a skidsteer ? Like Canguy, I never heard of a lifting/scraping bucket mounted on an ATV...

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 12:15PM
jennybog(zone 5)

The Dump bucket works with the winch. It is by swisher. Just google atv with dump bucket. It gets good reviews but I think on second thought we should continue to save our penny's for a used tractor in good shape. Any suggestions?

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 12:37PM
baymee(LehighValleyPA)

My neighbor has one. It works as is stated above. He pushes stone around on the driveway and moves rocks, etc. The winch pulls the bucket back and it's mounted so that it will dump at a 90 degree angle to the ground. Lowering the bucket returns it to a loaded position.

He really abuses his and it has a little swayback along the length of the bucket, but it's built solidly. He went headlong down a bank and bent the frame really bad, so I welded it up again for him and it's good as new.

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 8:16PM
ewalk

The Dump Bucket applications have been out for several yrs. My Brother Inlaw Makes up the Draw Bar 2-Point Frame Hitch and Grader Blades in his Welding Shop for $300.00 with a Drop Bucket $350 . They are designed for the High end Units 500 cc and above . There limitations are the Frame and Suspension due to the added Sprung Weight of Metal and Aggregate being Hauled . He adds gusset to each Application Frame on its own merits. Expect to go through a few Winch's and or Batteries if yo don't maintain your charging system along with pumping up the Tire Pressures Accordingly .

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 3:24PM
More Discussions
Briggs fuel pump
Briggs 12HP, vertical, 281707 Type 0185-01. I think...
exmar
Assistance
I can handle the new format for Houzz, but what really...
krnuttle
Which lawn mower?
I posted this in the John Deere forum, but I'm wondering...
joe_ga
Briggs and Stratton 25hp els OHV help!!!!
I got a this motor attached to a mover off a craigslist...
H&M Contractors
What happened???
I logged in yesterday after a prolonged absence and...
romore_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™